myspace.com/deadseriousny

we just started like 3 days ago so we decided to cover dammit to start, our vocalist messed up the lyrics a bit. but other than that i think its pretty good
tell me what you think and ill make sure to return the favor
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
This was one of the first songs my band played... I'm going to have to give you some constructive criticism though. Some of the guitar riffs are played wrong, the drums are off, and the overall timing is off. It's not a bad mix, you just need to go and practice this some more. It's a good effort, just keep practicing.

Edit: Do you have a bass player? I didn't hear any... Your band would probably benefit one, or your vocalist could pick it up.
just put up a newer and much better version of the dammit on the site no bass yet but coming soon
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
The guitar needs to go up and be played faster. You are playing the opening riff wrong. The drums are completely out of time. It's not bad for a start though, you just need to practice. One of the first songs I ever played in a band as well apart from Teenage Kicks Shouldn't take you too long to perfect it. Nowhere near 'perfect' just now though.
Quote by elementwood89
This was one of the first songs my band played... I'm going to have to give you some constructive criticism though. Some of the guitar riffs are played wrong, the drums are off, and the overall timing is off. It's not a bad mix, you just need to go and practice this some more. It's a good effort, just keep practicing.

Edit: Do you have a bass player? I didn't hear any... Your band would probably benefit one, or your vocalist could pick it up.

just what I was thinking

get some more practice on the song and try again...it had it's problems
the guitar is played wrong? what riffs? im using the same tabs everyone else uses
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
so dont say its played wrong then dick jesus i dont exactly got the best equipment and i prob havent been playign as long as u so i dunno what ur expecting
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
why should i? were on a god damn forum this isnt a essay that im handing into my teacher i can use or not use all the punctuation i want its not ur descesion and if it bothers u so much u need a life
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Yeah the riff is played completely wrong. The vocals are pretty bad, as are the drums.

You wanted criticism; don't get mad that people are giving you some.
yeah thanks for the feedback but u dont gotta be asshole and keep telling me type better i dont gotta prove **** to u
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Dude you seriously have some issues you need to work out. Did you not take your medication today or something? I was just saying people could help you more if you type better because we could understand what you're saying. Except I highly doubt you can read so you probably aren't taking any of this in.

EDIT: I just listened to your cover of brainstew, and it really sucks. You should try learning to not sing like a faggot, it really helps. Again, I'm just giving helpful criticism.
see now ur just trying to put me down but all your doing is helping me out thanks for all the feedback once again keep it coming there buddy
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Well if you want more criticism, I would say with the singing, going along with the not sounding like a faggot, you should try singing in key with the song. Tell your singer to learn the real words to a song. Basically everybody in your band needs to learn to play their instruments. You should also take your pills so you don't come off as an egotistical asshat.
not sounding like a faggot? look ill admit i cant sing but im trying being ina band is new to all of us were trying it out and were havign fun and thats all that matters to us and i think its not bad for a weeks worth of practice
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
look i dont wanna look like a pussy but im sorry about uh u know up there lmao look im kinda fighting with my gf so im a bithc to everyone
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
wow i just checked out ur solo thing btw really good how the hell do u get such awesome recordings?
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
Quote by altgrunge
You should so that people can help you more easily because they won't have to decipher the **** you type out. I don't see why you're so bothered, your band sucks balls, get over it. You asked how it sounded, I told you, grow up.

I just want to jump in and say +1

Proper grammar is important everywhere.
Email
Essays
Message forms
(the list goes on and on)

Proper grammar will help with good communication and therefore will give a faster, better response.

Thread Starter, You just need to practice the guitar line some more. Go over it slowly and play along with the MP3 track to make sure you are dead on with both the correct notes and timing.

I had a listen to your Brainstew clip in your profile. Your pitch on lyrics was off and its best to match the tempo of the original song. Also I'm not sure what you are recording with but I was hearing a lot of string noise as you slid your hand up and down the neck of the guitar. In that song you don't have to slide on the opening parts like that at all. I suggest you have another listen to the guitar part in that song.

Jump on over to the Riffs and Recording form some time and check out some new gear for much better audio quality. The Line6 TonePorts are great for a small home studio and will work with just about any computer.
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 13, 2007,
Quote by altgrunge
Thanks, I use a line 6 Ux2 recording thing, an assortment of microphones and Audacity. That's pretty much it. I record everything seperately.

i use audacity too but do u record everything seperate then mix? i was thinking of doing that and seeing how it came out
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
To be honest i didn't like the dammit cover. It's already been said that the opening riff is played wrong, the drum beat is wrong and the vocals dont sound too good. Just keep playing your instruments seperately without being pressured to work in a band just now. Once you get more experience and get better with your instruments then try the cover again. After a little while cover the song again and then compare the two of them and you should find the newest cover to be the better one and just take it from there.
so am i playing it wrong or just too fast i duno some ppl say too fast and others say wrong if so wrong then waht do i play?
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
The tempo isn't really a problem you can play that to whatever you like. One part of the main riff is wrong.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/b/blink_182/dammit_tab.htm

The first three parts of the main riff are fine but its the last part where you play a wrong note. Instead of playing the first fret on the E string you play the first fret on the A string so thats where you are going wrong with the riff. Just practice it from that tab and play it slowly and build it up and you will be able to play it alot more smoother
oh wow ur right i guess i just missed that damn im guna go try that now its a simple mistake though ill get it right thanks alot for explaing it
edit: u have pretty amazing ears to spot that
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable