My freind needs some amplification to present a speech for someting. He dosent plan on useing any distortion, and he plays bass. Now, its sounds like a good idea, but the only amp we can use (no plug-ins) is the Roland Micro Cube. Tis an expencive lil amp, and i dont want him to fry it. He wont turn it up, so would it be ok to use it?
My Gear:

Umm....

Please donate to Bighall's Gear fund!

Proud Defender of My Faith!
Member of Christan Guitarists!
I wouldn't take any chances with that thing.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
my bassist uses small guitar amps with his bass all the time and hasnt fried one at practice, but he did fry a 15 watt line 6 a month ago, and with an amp like a micro cube i wouldnt chance it.
my rig:
Fender Stratocaster
Fender acoustic Gemini II
Kustom Dual 30RC
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Digitech grunge distortion
alright, thats what i feared. we'll just hope theres a plug-in somewhere....
My Gear:

Umm....

Please donate to Bighall's Gear fund!

Proud Defender of My Faith!
Member of Christan Guitarists!
Quote by bighall
My freind needs some amplification to present a speech for someting. He dosent plan on useing any distortion, and he plays bass. Now, its sounds like a good idea, but the only amp we can use (no plug-ins) is the Roland Micro Cube. Tis an expencive lil amp, and i dont want him to fry it. He wont turn it up, so would it be ok to use it?

it should be okay. the situations to worry about are when you have a bigger guitar amp which has a lot of bass to being with and you play a bass through it.

eg if you use a whammy pedal for example in a guitar amp you are in a lower pitch but the level of bass is not dramatically increased so you wont blow an amp using a whammy.
its fine. I play a bass through my microcube WAY more than i use it with my guitar, max volume too, and it works fine. its an awesome little amp. i recommend putting it to all treble and adding a touch of phaser, it gives you an absolutely GORGEOUS tone.
Quote by zzany1
it should be okay. the situations to worry about are when you have a bigger guitar amp which has a lot of bass to being with and you play a bass through it.

my bassist fried a 15 watt so i dont think it really has much to do with size
my rig:
Fender Stratocaster
Fender acoustic Gemini II
Kustom Dual 30RC
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Digitech grunge distortion
The important part is the speaker, and whether or not it can handle all those bass frequencies running through it. I'd say keep the bass low on the EQ, and don't turn it up too loud, and you should be alright. The amp section of it will definitely be fine, though.