and also, who knows the amp settings to queens of the stone age?

thanks
Try to check the spelling of your thread title before posting

And yes, be more specific on 'acoustic songs'
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
like a nice blues acoustic song or folk.

and sorry bout my spelling lol
anything by napalm death.
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
yea i do have a thread to this but i thought this one didnt work, so i made a new one. lol pretty stupid i know

ANYBODY KNOW THE AMP SETTINGS TO QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE?!?
Here comes the sun, Wonderwall, Collide, Slide, Eleanor put your boots back on (Franz Ferdinand), Valley Winter Song (Fountains of Wayne)

If you like pop anyway.
well, i think their amps are on for starters...
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
For acoustic song recommendations, check out the "what songs?" thread in the Classical & Acoustic Guitar Forum.

For QotSA amp settings, check out the QotSA thread in the Bands & Artists forum.
lol come on mna im serious! i just wanna know how to get that sound from josh homme without the ****in bass amp and c tuning. and thnx man for the songs
Best way for you to obtain the QOTSA sound is buy #1..Unplugging your guitar from your amplifier. #2 Putting on a Queens of the Stone Age CD...well anything except Era Vulgaris...it was a big let down.

On a serious note, Josh is very secretive about his tone and refuses to really divulge too much info on his setup. He does use rare Ovation guitars and tends to run his rig through bass amps to get a really deep dark tone.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Quote by njay53
lol come on mna im serious! i just wanna know how to get that sound from josh homme without the ****in bass amp and c tuning. and thnx man for the songs

You wont be able to play his songs in C tuning if your in standard. For getting the tone I have no idea.
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
i thought era vulgaris was a great CD. certainly better than lullabies to paralyze
and you can definitely play his song in standard. i play all of his songs on standard except mexicola because i couldn't find a standard tuning tab for it
Quote by njay53
and you can definitely play his song in standard. i play all of his songs on standard except mexicola because i couldn't find a standard tuning tab for it

If his songs are tuned down to C and you are in standard you will sound out of key.
You could figure it out in standard but you would still be missing the low notes below the low E, and it may turn out a lot more difficult to play.

It would sound fine playing on your own, but I presumed you were playing along to the record.
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_

Ninja of the Ninja Club
its not rly that difficult to play on standard, and my friend and me play it on standard most of the time. i know it sounds ameturist but we dont care really bout the down tuning. it sounds fine to us
Quote by njay53
its not rly that difficult to play on standard, and my friend and me play it on standard most of the time. i know it sounds ameturist but we dont care really bout the down tuning. it sounds fine to us

If it sounds fine to you, you have no ear for music. There's a couple of songs you can pull of doing in standard, but require you to change positioning on the fret board of course (e.g No One Knows, Medication, If Only)
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
harvest by opeth that is one of my favorites I'd list by more opeth but they are all good so look up all opeth.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by njay53
like a nice blues acoustic song or folk.

and sorry bout my spelling lol

I'm obsessed with Let It Roll by Devin Townsend right now. Also check out Zakk Wylde's solo CD, Book of Shadows.
Dickless.
like i just look uop the tabs on ultimate-guitar. most of them are on standard and ill just play them and they sound the same
Quote by njay53
like i just look uop the tabs on ultimate-guitar. most of them are on standard and ill just play them and they sound the same

That's because you don't know what music sounds like played correctly yet. Just learn to tune, play it the correct way, then play it wrong again. You'll notice the difference.
Dickless.
"Hey there Delilah, you be good and don't you miss me, two more years and you'll be done with school and I'll be making history.." etc.

Oh, and My Favourite Patient by Cauterize.
anything by the beatles I'd say.
Quote by hippie_cune
Stukart, you're the most awesome human being I have ever met. I love you