I've played both and they're both can be brutal but it seems like they can both be toned down pretty easily and still have a lot of character (the main reason I'm switching from EMG actives).

I just wanted to get anybody's opinion on both of these pickups. They both sound incredible to me. The only thing I've noticed is the D-Activators seem to be a little harder to get pinch harmonics out of. Plus the Mafias are cheaper.
i have a d activator in my strat and its hot as hell, and sounds awesomely good and reactive when you mess with the volume knob. but like you said its hard to get harmonics, for me its just hard to hold them very long on g string and down
my rig:
Fender Stratocaster
Fender acoustic Gemini II
Kustom Dual 30RC
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Digitech grunge distortion
Quote by Evan_27
i have a d activator in my strat and its hot as hell, and sounds awesomely good and reactive when you mess with the volume knob. but like you said its hard to get harmonics, for me its just hard to hold them very long on g string and down

True man, I think I already had my mind set on the Rockfields anyway. For less money, you can't beat them. The harmonics are bad ass.