What are your thoughts on the U shaped neck? Its either V shaped or U shaped for me.
They are a little bit tooooo thick IMO, I do like the fatter C's, but not quite the U shape.

V's or Asymettrical Fender necks, such as the ones on SRV strats feel great.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
its all personal preference
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Quote by Dirk Gently
I like the U shape on the '52 Tele RI

Yes indeed. That neck is fast to me. I feel like skinny Ibanez necks hamper my ability to move quickly. I'm having to close my grip too much on those necks. On baseball bat necks I don't have to play with much pressure at all.
Not to hijack the thread, but what would be a good neck for someone (me) who has really thick hands and what something more to hold onto. I don't know, the C-neck is pretty uncomfortable for me.
^an asymmetrical D neck? stevie ray status lol.

i got kinda small hands with stubby( ) fingers, and i don't really like the U shape. with my style of grabbing the neck, it is uncomfortable, and i can't wrap around my neck with my thumb. so i'm a C/soft-V man myself.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by C_Miller
Not to hijack the thread, but what would be a good neck for someone (me) who has really thick hands and what something more to hold onto. I don't know, the C-neck is pretty uncomfortable for me.

We can't really tell you what is comfortable for you.

Try a schecter, Gibson with a 50's neck, 50's or 60's Fender guitars, then try an Ibanez RG.

You gotta find what's comfortable for you. Most people prefer ultra thin necks for shred, but then there's Joe Satriani who plays a modern but vintage style guitar, and Yngwie Malmsteen who's guitars are from the 50's and 60's. I myself have really small hands but yet, I prefer larger necks.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio