take out the grill and the speaker and put ur cup into the big hole where the speaker was. that's a big cupholder fo ru.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Lol, I don't know what the point of this thread is, but... all right.
yeah, you can put cup holders in it, or you can just cover it in duct tape, write MG=Mega Gay, and drop it from a bridge onto cars driving under you. And when someone hits it, tons of bees come flying out, as if they were trapped inside the amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Or maybe feed it to your guinea pig so he can chew on it.
Oh wait, then mutant killer bees spill out when he chews too far.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by Eminored
Just use it as your anger box. Every time you get pissed off, kick it and yell at it. Then play some good ol' St. Anger tracks on it. Marshall MGs are perfect for that St. Anger-ish tone.

Really though, paint it funky colors and draw on it.

I use my MG as a microphone pre-amp.... since I do have a somewhat expensive microphone (Shure PG58) but no preamp.
Guitars:
- Ibanez GRX40
- Ibanez RG1570 MRR
- Eddy (Plywood Stratocaster Copy)
- Dean V Metalman
Amps:
- Marshall MG15 DFX with custom speaker
- Vox AD30VT
Gear:
- Boss DS-1 (Keeley modded)
- Vox V848 Wah
- Digitech RP80
^ says the guy who joined 4 days ago lawlz
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by jscustomguitars
I got an MG15cdr and its awesome for practicing!

sure......
take the marshall logo off of it though...thats only good part of it...and tie a string around it and hang it off of the mirror in your car.
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by jscustomguitars

why not get a 10 watt bass amp, and get a boss SD1??? much better tone,
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Quote by jscustomguitars

you phail. big time.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Come on people, let's not be completely bashing here. An MG15 can be good for practicing, it's just that they suck when people actually hear you. Either way, a beginner can't really tell the difference between MG and JTM, so don't wail on him for it.
Quote by s.r.v.
take out the circuit and build a noisey cricket into it

i might do that whenever i get my MG back from my friend
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by sashki
Ever seen the MCR video "I don't love you"? I don't like the song, but they blow up an MG100 stack! zOMG!

I lol'd, because my friend said "ZOMG THEY JUST BLEW UP A MARSHALL WTF!!11!!1!one"
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Quote by sashki
Someone should blow it up, film it, put it on YouTube and maybe YTMND, and make it UG's own internet fad!

lol yeah UG members should make a series of "crappy gear destruction videos", destroying gear in a certain way.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by .fallen
lol donate it to a hobo to live in

Hobo, live in an MG?! Come on, they may be homeless, but they still have standards...
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
^ and human proportioned bodies

i say + 1 trillion to the destroying it idea. I may incinerate my les paul copy for fun. If I do so i shall post a video lol
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I'd screw the destroying idea and pimp it out with cupholders and. . umm mini-TVs and. . .hydraulics. . and stuff and take away the wiring and build a small amp like the ruby into it but have the MG15 sized speaker for it and it wont be so bad.
i say scrap the mg circuit but leave the chassis alone.
make your own little 5 watt tube amp, something simple like a valve junior circuit, and take the marshall logo off and put it on a car mirror.
also, if you want more functionality with that little custom vj, put a computer cd drive and power supply in it and you have yourself a RETRACTABLE cupholder.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Quote by cokeisbetter
Come on people, let's not be completely bashing here. An MG15 can be good for practicing, it's just that they suck when people actually hear you. Either way, a beginner can't really tell the difference between MG and JTM, so don't wail on him for it.

Im far from a beginner mate, Ive been playing for 12 years, been in bands for 9 years, played some of the best Clubs in the UK and have an endorsment deal with Peavey so I know what im talkin about. I like to think I can get a good sound out of anything.
In the whole scale of things, the MG range are p**s poor but for low volume practicing at home there ideal and for £70 you cant complain. I dont really have the time and space to set my whole live rig up in my front room ebery time I fancy a jam so it'll do for a 10 minute noodle in front of the tv. If there good enough for Zakk Wylde as a practice amp then there good enough for 100% of the people on here ! lol
Quote by jscustomguitars
Im far from a beginner mate, Ive been playing for 12 years, been in bands for 9 years, played some of the best Clubs in the UK and have an endorsment deal with Peavey so I know what im talkin about. I like to think I can get a good sound out of anything.
In the whole scale of things, the MG range are p**s poor but for low volume practicing at home there ideal and for £70 you cant complain. I dont really have the time and space to set my whole live rig up in my front room ebery time I fancy a jam so it'll do for a 10 minute noodle in front of the tv. If there good enough for Zakk Wylde as a practice amp then there good enough for 100% of the people on here ! lol

You actually think Zakk Wylde uses the MG? You can't be that gullible, can you? That's like saying Dime used the Dimebucker...
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
on a couple of zakk dvd's he uses an MG to warm up before the shows, hes also got one on his tour bus.
Last edited by jscustomguitars at Oct 9, 2007,
Quote by jscustomguitars
on a couple of zakk dvd's he uses an MG to warm up before the shows, hes also got one on his tour bus.

And how much do you think he was paid for that publicity? As soon as the camera's are away, I would put a lot of money on the fact that he gets out a lot better amp.
BTW, Vox Valvetronix/Roland Cube FTW for practice amps.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
you might put money on it but you can only go by what you see, and i aint seen him playin a vox or roland cube
The MG wouldn't be slated anywhere near as much if it wasn't so goddamn expensive! For what it is, it's horribly overpriced just because it has the marshall name on it. I mean, for cheaper than the MG30DFX, you can get any (pretty much) of the 5w tube combos, which will be just as loud as the MG and sound a load better.

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Redo the front plate and have it as a Marshall Valve Junior maybe even have the cup holders as the controls

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX