So I know you have to get some kind of license to do a cover of another band's work and publish it on your own cd but what if you're doing a cover for a gig where you're getting paid? Do you need to do any legal stuff for that? Or can you just do the cover w/o bothering?
Depends on how big the gig is and how professional the venue is. They should give you a form to fill out where you put down the songs you played and then some of the money from the licence that the venue has will be shared out between you and the bands you've covered. Most small venues probably won't bother on a local scale, but when you start getting a few hundred in a crowd or play at professional venues you'll probably be asked to fill it out.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.