Here is my cover of the famous SP song. I got inspired after I attended their concert in Vancouver.

I did the vocals, and guitars, the rest is backing track. The drums are midi....so it's not the best of quality.

Crit mine and I will crit you back!

thanks for listening, hope you enjoy.

http://tonypiao.dmusic.com/
wow, that was really good. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I really liked it. keep up the good work!

www.myspace.com/sixstringsindebt is my band, feel free to crit if you want...
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I thought the quality was pretty good. The vocals sound very nice. You have a good voice. Sometimes I thought they could be a little more clear though. It was kind of like you panned the same vocal track in both ears so it sounded a little strange to me. Other than that it was really solid. It made me want to listen to the smashing pumpkins. great job!

crit me?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685316
Quote by anOnyMouSanIe
I thought the quality was pretty good. The vocals sound very nice. You have a good voice. Sometimes I thought they could be a little more clear though. It was kind of like you panned the same vocal track in both ears so it sounded a little strange to me. Other than that it was really solid. It made me want to listen to the smashing pumpkins. great job!

crit me?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=685316

Yep I overdubbed the vocal tracks.
Alright, a Smashing Pumpkins cover! The guitar in the verse doesn't sound right but its okay. The vocals are decent. Your on pitch, just sing with a little more emotion/attitude. Also they seem a little quiet in the mix, maybe just up them some more. Overall this is a good cover. The backing track isn't too bad, it didn't bother me. Keep up the good work!
i havent heard the original, so that may just be me

I've not just heard the original recoding but i've seen them perfom this song live this year at Rock am Ring :P

your cover was pretty good, i'm not too fond of the mixing, some instruments like the guitar are too quiet and especially the drums lacked lots of power.

It's always hard to cover billy corgans vocals, i think you did a good job on them for the main part. Still i had the impression you were off at sometimes, a bit to monotone, not enough feeling and they were too quiet.

overall a pretty good job though!

May i ask what equipment (software,hardware) you've been using?
Quote by dEipHoBoS
I've not just heard the original recoding but i've seen them perfom this song live this year at Rock am Ring :P

your cover was pretty good, i'm not too fond of the mixing, some instruments like the guitar are too quiet and especially the drums lacked lots of power.

It's always hard to cover billy corgans vocals, i think you did a good job on them for the main part. Still i had the impression you were off at sometimes, a bit to monotone, not enough feeling and they were too quiet.

overall a pretty good job though!

May i ask what equipment (software,hardware) you've been using?

Sony Acid Pro 6 was the program I used for mixing. I also used my Epiphone G-400 through a Fender blues junior all through a Keenion 10 dollar microphone. The same mic was used for the vocals.
could you link me to the backing track please?

and it was amazing 9/10

thanks!
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
on the UG site, search Tonight Tonight. Then click on the one with Gp format. You need guitar pro for this.