Im looking for a new guitar soon and I came here to ask for some help and to hear some of your opinions. Ive been playing a lot of Kings of Leon a lot lately but I think thats liek that because Ive been listening to them non-stop. I got an Epiphone Sheraton II and now i get the type of tone for KOL with the Epi. Now I need a guitar with a little more bite. I want a guitar that can play stuff like Alter Bridge and Velvet Revolver and plays nice and fast. I want something that I can play metal with. I also want a guitar with a tremolo. However I dont want a locking tremolo so what would be my best choice for under a grand? I play through a Marshall DSL401 with a Ibanez TS-9 to give it a bit more boost.
well, i was gonna say that a les paul was the obvious choice until you said you wanted a tremolo, but hey u can't have everything can ya? lol but i recommend lookin on musiciansfriend.com for some gretsch guitars. some of them have tremolos and they are pretty good for hard rock, but if you can do without the whammy bar than a Les Paul would be a definite must
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
+1 gretsch.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I have a DSL401 a TS9 AND a Les Paul.

I can get rock but not metal. The amp is not heavy enough for metal IMO - even with gain 10, OD2 and my TS9 turned on. Which is why I will be selling it!
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
Quote by Chex
I have a DSL401 a TS9 AND a Les Paul.

I can get rock but not metal. The amp is not heavy enough for metal IMO - even with gain 10, OD2 and my TS9 turned on. Which is why I will be selling it!

It should be able to cover thrash and other non gain-in-abundance metal tones.
Quote by Hakanku
It should be able to cover thrash and other non gain-in-abundance metal tones.

Well I had the tubes replaced, then had it looked at by another person because I thought it still didn't sound right.

I'm not joking when I say I get a crisper, heavier sound from my MG15CDR. It may not be as toneful but the pinch harmonics scream from that little baby. They're weak as on my DSL 401. The reverb's also a bit weak.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
I'd say an LP
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Iv never been the fan of the jcm2000, but I know the ones iv tried are better than an MG, tone, crunch and crispness...maybe you've got a dud?
ESP LTD page hamilton signature

its got a wilkinson trem which isn't locking

could be worth a look
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
I believe there are some HSS Strats with a standard synchronized trem.