Bored. Noticed no King Diamond/Mercyful Fate thread. Let's see where this leads us?
Last edited by HopeLeaves_35 at Oct 8, 2007,
King Diamond and MF kicks ass. been listenening to a lot of dont break the oath lately. I'm hoping to see king in charlotte NC in march.
KD and Kreator in April 08 Yaaaaah!

Anyway, King Diamonds rules, and so does Mercyful Fate, even though I haven't heard much of the latter. Them is a metal classic, and the song The Jonah kicks ass.
Of course they are, Don't Break the Oath is awesome, especially A Dangerous Meeting. Have you heard the New King album?
I love King Diamond, at first I couldn't stand his falsetto vocals but now I just think they're pure awesome. Gypsy = greatest song by him/them... and by Emperor haha :P:
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
The title Gimme your Soul... Please throws you off though. I personally thought Puppet Master was the best.
I have to admit Mercyful Fate bores me. I love King Diamond though. I have the new album, but I can't ever recall listening to it. Strange....
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Never been a huge fan of either. But I had the honor of touring alongside King Diamond last year. Really great guys.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Nah, King was pretty much on his own all the time. But I handshook the guy when we were packing down our gear after a gig. It was kinda unreal, because we've build up so much myth about that guy. There was this one time after a gig(drunk as always) I almost fell into his table with hot water(to moist his voice in between sets). I was sure that I was going to die. Haha!
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
I only have Abigail by King Diamond. Awesome guitar throughout and amazing tone there too.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi
Andy LaRocque is one of my all-time favourite guitarists (one of the reasons Individual Thought Patterns is the best Death album imo)

also his guitar tone is godlike!
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

King Diamond is awesome, and has some truly classic albums under his belt, but my heart will always be fully with Mercyful Fate, one of the most heavy, epic, and EVIL bands ever. Todays black metal simply cannot compare with Mercyful Fate, or Bathory, or Venom, or Hellhammer, or early Death SS.
The partnership of Michael Denner and Hank Sherman is one of the finest in metal history.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Oct 10, 2007,
Quote by Mongochromat
There was this one time after a gig(drunk as always) I almost fell into his table with hot water(to moist his voice in between sets). I was sure that I was going to die. Haha!

I've heard a few stories where bands touring with King have that same feeling. Namely the Metallica story where they were looking through his one of his many "books".
Quote by HopeLeaves_35
I've heard a few stories where bands touring with King have that same feeling. Namely the Metallica story where they were looking through his one of his many "books".

It's just that he's King Diamond you know. Make-up and isht..You kinda forget that he's just a normal person in that sense.