So does anyone here like the idea of having a sort of inhuman persona?

Buckethead comes to mind first, or like how Jimmy Page was seen as a wizard with the violin bow.

Has anyone played live like this?

I like the idea of having people not know who I am, that way they only hear the music and not the person.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
nice, i wore a santa hat once when playing
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
nice, i wore a santa hat once when playing

you are truly amazing!!!!
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
But for Buckethead, I don't listen to his music when I see videos of him. I just think about what he looks like under the bucket. In fact, having those personalities is kinda distracting from the music.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
^ Interesting point...I guess it can be done just right to where the musician is unseen but doesn't distract.

And Santa hats FTW.

I think it would be cool to have a hooded robe where your face is hidden, just that a simple cloak.
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

id probably wear a mask onstage,but cause im a shy person and tend to make stupid faces when playing lol.
David Bowie ftw, I mean c'mon hasn't anyone mentioned him yet?
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM Dorkus Malorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.

Please, crit my song!
Vision at the Stairs
I jump around a lot and thrash about onstage...partially because I think people who just stand in one spot the whole time while playing a show look boring, and partly because playing music onstage is a cathartic experience for me, and I use it to get frustration and anger out of my system...it beats climbing a clock tower with a shotgun, at least.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Angus Young.
Incredible haha

You may not like it, but you can't disagree
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
wearing a mask can also hide who you are incase you want to do other styles of music as your self and somestyles as the mask that way not letting people assume stuff about your other work
I am kinda like that I guess in a different way: I am kinda quiet and shy in real lifge but when I'm on stage I'll yell and scream and make jokes and just be a lot different. I even noticed after one of the shows I talk in a different voice onstage. Subconcious thing. Wierd.
Quote by zeppelinpage4

I like the idea of having people not know who I am, that way they only hear the music and not the person.

That's a total crock, because people are going to see you for your wierd stage character rather than your music if you do it that way. Just be yourself.
Quote by kirkadolph
you are truly amazing!!!!

i know everybody thought so
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
as for my band wher all gonna have a persona on stage, im juat gonna be the typical upthemself lead singer but try and take it to new extremes, the bassists is gonna be sex crazed, the first guitarist we'r just gonna go on about how tall he is, the 2nd guitarist is gonna be chained up on stage and where gonna say hes a guitar prodigy from eastern eroupe that we kidnaped from a street corner and forced him to play in our band
Quote by CowboyUp
That's a total crock, because people are going to see you for your wierd stage character rather than your music if you do it that way. Just be yourself.

Well if you wear a lot of makeup and dress up, but my idea is to just be hidden under something simple like a hood. Obviously i'll be there, but I won't get in the way of music. (if that makes any sense... )

Quote by TheSmilingGoat
as for my band wher all gonna have a persona on stage, im juat gonna be the typical upthemself lead singer but try and take it to new extremes, the bassists is gonna be sex crazed, the first guitarist we'r just gonna go on about how tall he is, the 2nd guitarist is gonna be chained up on stage and where gonna say hes a guitar prodigy from eastern eroupe that we kidnaped from a street corner and forced him to play in our band

sounds really gay

anyway, check out sunn O)))

the robes they wear are so cool man!
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Last edited by ep1kz at Oct 8, 2007,
I actually used to, I would curse out the band before me no matter how good they were, and basically just piss off the club owner. I'm better now though, because I got kicked out of too many bands. Now I still **** with any bad bands I play with, but I don't piss off the owners too much.
Dickless.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
^ hahah thats hilarious dude

Yeah, but I got a bit of a bad reputation. I really had to make up for it with a good vocal range and style to join other bands. However, all my bands except my current have been based around Jersey, so it doesn't matter .
Dickless.
Quote by TheSmilingGoat

I hope you've got some awesome music to back that up, because if so, that'd be awesome. If not, totally lame.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
i think stage persona's are fine for the sake of entertainment. If they are adding to the storyline behind your music or the epicness (refer to rule 1). but i think there is also a stage where your on stage persona might begin to take away from your music.

and i agree with the whole thing about starting a band with a different persona, yourself.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.