Sorry guys but this is annoying the hell out of me.

Whenever I do bends, the strings above always seem to ring out. I have tried absolutely everything to try and stop this including muting, but surely there is something simpler as there are some occasions where muting is too hard. I've tried bending at all angles and it still makes a noise when I release the bend. Could this be something to do with my action?
I normally use my middle three fingers to bend, however, it's normally not the string directly above the one I'm bending, but the one above that that always seems to ring out. It sounds even worse when I play on my amp loud
Quote by Marsbe
I normally use my middle three fingers to bend, however, it's normally not the string directly above the one I'm beinding, but the one above that that always seems to ring out. It sounds even worse when I play on my amp loud

keep practicing on a practice amp until you've got confidence to play on a loud one.

i bend with 3 and mute the top with my index.
try using your picking hand to mute unused strings.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Yeah the thing is I always play on my amp really quitely or even unplugged and think I'm doing pretty well, then I turn it up and it sounds terrible. Yeah I have tried muting with my picking hand as well but I always seem to mute the bend that way as well as the other strings.
yeah man,i have the similar problem...but try bending with more than one finger cos if you don't,your finger will probably slip and lose its grip...and experiment around and find the point of your tip of your finger which gives the most grip.
sorry...my above one din help huh? erm...it just touches the string right? i think the problem should be how far you bring the string up...try to use a point where the access finger will be at the least...like dirrectly below your nail..
If I was bending say the g string I would use my index to mute definitely the d string, maybe it still catches the a string, if I couldn't mute this with my left index I would mute the a string with my picking hand, making sure I sisn't stop the note I was playing and bending on the g string.

It takes practice, I still muck up big time ringing other notes, people think the hard thing with guitar is making a noise with it, it isn't, the difficulty is keeping it from making noises you don't want.

Craig
Floyd Rose DST-2
Vox AD15VT
Haha yer you're spot on with that mate, thanks for the advice everyone, I'll just keep practicing.