Page 1 of 2
what do you think are the two most important instruments in a band?

i'd say guitar and drums.
sup?
There are songs without any of the "important" instruments. Nothing is really the most important, but I'm gonna say the triangle.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
bass and drums. Without them you couldn't have a good pace.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
whack a acoustic guitar player with a piano player and one of them two to be able to sing and you have amazingly beautiful music.
These threads are pointless. Some bands get by just fine with guitar and drums. Some bands get by just fine with guitar and vocals. Some bands get by just fine with bass and drums. STOP THE POINTLESS THREADS ALREADY!!!
obviously bass and 2nd bass
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by yawn
These threads are pointless. Some bands get by just fine with guitar and drums. Some bands get by just fine with guitar and vocals. Some bands get by just fine with bass and drums. STOP THE POINTLESS THREADS ALREADY!!!

Well said!

The two most important instruments in a band. Intelligence and Humility.

If you don't have those when dealing with your band-mates,
your band won't be worth a shit.

/thread
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by yawn

So, "Would you bang the Teletubby chick?" is a very important question?
sup?
Quote by ldl67
So, "Would you bang the Teletubby chick?" is a very important question?
Absolutely.
Quote by WinterMadness76
In the most general sense? Guitar and Drums, no debate.

There is plenty of great music out there with no guitar.

Drum and Piano/Bass
formerly: lil key key and before that green_jello
Last edited by yellowdart at Oct 8, 2007,
now that I think about it:
The band Keane has no guitars (possibly no bass either)
there are plenty of bands without keyboard players
An instrumental band has no singer
some acoustic bands have no drums

So in conclusion all instruments are unimportant to a band, but I'm not going to pay to see an empty stage.
Quote by yellowdart
There is plenty of great music out there with no guitar.

Drum and Piano/Bass

A bass is a guitar in the general sense.

Piano is the exception rather than the norm for instruments in a band.
At least when it comes to a typical setup, something along the lines of
Vocals
Guitar (s)
Bass
Drums

I'd say it would be guitar and drums.

But like many people said, it's dependent on what instruments the band features.
Nikolas
Talent (you have to have SOME to play an instrument) and some sort of intelligence.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I AM OVER THESE THREADS ... i dont know why im trying to type in all caps but meh

these threads are useless pointless and completely juvenile its just a way of satisfying your own or someone else's ego knowing that a bunch of pit dwellers (which sorry guys is not worth a lot) told you your instrument is the most important in ur crappy power chord bass neglecting band band.

All instruments are as important as each other

drums hold the bass and the guitar down
bass holds the rest of the band to the drums and the drums to the rest of the band and pumps out lower frequency's .
rhythm guitar adds a kind of mid range range and a thicker sound
lead well lets face not necessary but who cares if an ego driven maniac wants to solo let him
vocals THE melody if they are the front man so to speak
^^very vague idea of it but u get it

all instruments hold each other together i know i used a rock band perspective on this but it goes for all instruments in general.

and yes i know i may be wrong in what i said in terms of instruments roles but u get the idea
I am me. Live with it.
Rythum (sp? cant remember all of a sudden) guitar and drums
Bass and Drums
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
being in a band that is just guitar and drums (at the moment) i suppose ima have to go with guitar and drums.
No instrument is essential. You can have music without drums and it can be great, you can have music without bass and it can be great, and I really do wish there was more music without the fucking guitar as the main instrument. Because, once again, it would be great. A lot of Miles Davis and Jaco, for example.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
All instruments are equal, certainly in our band, bas and drums keep the rhythm, the guitar beefs the rhyth up and the vocal intertwine around the music and tie up the ends......

thats how i view it anyway.......cetrainly for our band, but others may be different, depends on style of music and what the band has...
I would say guitar and drums, but I don't think the guitars are that important except for the fact that they're good at showing off what's been composed. Guitars are great tools for playing a composed piece of music, but other than that it doesn't add so much to the music itself.

Drums and vocals, then. At least in metal.
I'm a communist. Really.
Page 1 of 2