I have just bought a new tuner (The old squier one was telling me the wrong frequencies and hence sounding out of tune). Having being able to see the incremental changes on the new one, I can see that when I play a note, the pitch goes up before going back down again. This is problematic regardless of how I tune the guitar as either sustained notes will sound out or the note will instantly sounds out, then settles back down.

So what do I have to do to solve this problem?? This is an '05 MIA strat and it hasn't happened before 3-4 weeks ago, and it is REALLY frustrating me.
Quote by lostinpieces
maybe re-string it?

Did that about a week ago, the problem has dated back much before that.

Quote by Colgate Total
Colgate Total Check the trem, and/or replace the tuners.

As of 20 minutes ago, I have 5 tremolo springs with the plate at the back screwed right back, so the tremolo unit sits flush with the top of the guitar.

I should have pointed out that the saddle for the low E string is slightly bent (this didn't re-set after re-stringing. The other 5 saddles look fine, but the saddle for the low E string bends inwards, so one side of the saddle pushes into the next one at a wrong angle (and somehow, all if not most strings' tuning is affected). How can this be fixed?
Last edited by Malllen at Oct 8, 2007,