Does a loose treadle affect the sweep of a wah? because my dimebag wah has a pretty crap sweep, and the treadle doesnt have much resistance.

also, does anyone know where to get right angled power supplies?
Sigs are too hard to think up
If you're sweeping from the full heel to toe motion, then you're gonna get a crap sweep anyways. Every wah has a sweet spot, for my dime crybaby, it's totally in between the end positions.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Go into your local music store and ask about right angled power supplies, I work at a music store and i know we can get them in so im sure yours will be able to.
whereabouts in australia do you live? ive tried basically all the music stores in my area and none of them have them =/
are you putting it before the distortion?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by the_crimison
do the ones at dick smith give off lots of noise?

not a clue. but it should be ok. the ones you get from music shops are complete rip offs. its the same as any other power adapter just 2 or 3 times more expensive. go to dick smith and look around. im sure you'll find a nice one there.
Quote by mothership
are you putting it before the distortion?

why should i be putting it after it?
no. it should be before the dist.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Then it'll effect the already distorted signal. Try it, might work better.
Actually, you'll get a bigger sweep if it's before the distortion. If done before the distortion, the wah's frequency range that it can work with is much greater than the frequency range after distortion.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

TS, you can try reindexing the pot. Also remove the rubber stompers at the ends of the wah. You may have to lower the switch if you remove the front ones, but this will increase the physical range of the wah.

Quote by Reincaster
If you're sweeping from the full heel to toe motion, then you're gonna get a crap sweep anyways. Every wah has a sweet spot, for my dime crybaby, it's totally in between the end positions.

Disagree, the wah I built (which is pretty much a Clyde McCoy clone) gets a pretty massive sweep and smooth sweep from heel to toe.
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Oct 8, 2007,
reindexing the pot? how do you do that?

EDIT:
How much resistance is the wah supposed to have? about the same as a whammy?
Last edited by the_crimison at Oct 8, 2007,
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
TS, you can try reindexing the pot. Also remove the rubber stompers at the ends of the wah. You may have to lower the switch if you remove the front ones, but this will increase the physical range of the wah.

Disagree, the wah I built (which is pretty much a Clyde McCoy clone) gets a pretty massive sweep and smooth sweep from heel to toe.

Well, what I said was aimed at the dime crybaby though.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

^Oh, my bad

Quote by the_crimison
reindexing the pot? how do you do that?

Unscrew the white plastic thing holding the gear from the treadle up against the pot shaft. Position the pot shaft to your liking, hook the gear from the treadle back up and tighten the white plastic piece up.

If that don't work you can always play around with some other components like the sweep cap. Not sure how moddable the Dime wah is though because knowing Dunlop they use those SMD parts
Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Oct 8, 2007,
Yeah I made a quick video to show how to do but it's taking forever to upload, but here's a pic anyway. Just loosen that white thing and the long vertical gear will come loose which will allow the pot shaft to move freely.

Turning the pot to the left (left being based off the way the wah is position in the pic) should give you more of "wah" to it. Keep in mind the pot has a limit so if you feel it stop don't force it that's as far as it'll go.

^Excellent. I have done this many times. Its easy and it works very well.