just saw newfound glory and senses fail yesterday, just wondering how much money do you think bands such as these make?

senses fail blew by the way
Hannah Montana is supposed to make over $14,000,000 on her tour. So an honest hard working band probably gets about.... s#it for revenue.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
quick question, how much do you think Lamb of God or Nevermore make? Like a well known band, but not THAT big or anything

i remember that article on UG about arch enemy making **** for money,
they are probably fairly well off, but new found glory have been almost constantly touring for a nearly a decade. along with gigs, they get most of their money from things like t-shirt sales. album sales dont make up too much of their revenue.

NFG are one of the few generic pop punk bands i have a fair amount of respect for. i saw them a few years ago and the support band didnt show so they ended up playing a 30 odd song set. you have to respect anyone who can go that long, keeping up that level of energy.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by thera_x
i can't respect them for that though, mostly because their music sucks.

yeah, the music isnt great, but the fact that if you see them live they are flying all over the stage like monkeys on speed. to do that for three hours straight, and have none of the energy lag at the end is enough for a big up in my book.

at least what they lack in technical complexity, or innovation they make up for in energy.
yes, but bands like converge and underoath put on amazingly energetic live shows and actually play good music, that's all i'm saying.
I have no idea how much they make, but they're probably rather well off.

Hannah Montana=......wtf. That chick is odd.
Quote by punk_isntemo12
I have no idea how much they make, but they're probably rather well off.

Hannah Montana=......wtf. That chick is odd.

But oh-so hot. Yeah, I went there.
Quote by cptazad
quick question, how much do you think Lamb of God or Nevermore make? Like a well known band, but not THAT big or anything

i remember that article on UG about arch enemy making **** for money,

metal bands dont make as much as youd think, many musicans have to get regular jobs
Quote by thera_x
yes, but bands like converge and underoath put on amazingly energetic live shows and actually play good music, that's all i'm saying.

fair point.

i mean, id rather go see good show and good music too, but at least they are trying god bless em. i also think maybe im just trying to justify the fact that i payed actual money to go see new found glory.
hahaha, i respect a good show too, even if the music isn't that good. i was just giving you a hard time for some reason.
NFG were the first band i went to see live, I've seen them everytime they've come round here since. Damn good live show, crap last album

But yeah, i can't imagine most bands make that much to be honest, you need to be really big to make any real money.

Its why my cousins band quit, they were getting some real attention for a band their size. They played Ashfield show, which is a pretty big event around here, and all they got paid was 5 lunch tickets, while a ppop abnd that just mimed got paid £20,000.

Thats when they just thought **** it.
Quote by thera_x
i can't respect them for that though, mostly because their music sucks.

Sometimes I wish people would stop having stupid opinions