after the overwhelming suggetion of UGers that i should get a new amp, i have finally decided on buying a randall g3 series amp, the rg100, it's got 100 watts of power, and i tried out a rg75 at the local guitar shop, and the overdrive and clean was awesome, all i need is more power, so what do you guys think of this amp? and if u can suggest something else in the price range of 300-500$, it would b appreciated.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Hmm...

Try this.

It's 50 watts, and it's a valve amp so it's all the power that you will need and I think it would be better than the G3 (which is solid state, if I'm not mistaken?). Have a look at it, anyway. If you're a metal player (I'm assuming you are) it should do the trick.

Edit: I know it's slightly over your budget, but it would be worth that little bit extra...
willing to go used?
and what genres do you play? I guess metal from your avi?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
willing to go used?
and what genres do you play? I guess metal from your avi?

i'll look into used as well man, it just has to be playable and in relatively good condition, ohh and the tone has to be kick ass, but that's a given, and yaa dude i play metal, primarily, and then all loads of **** on the side.
Quote by chimneyfish

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
ok guys help me im stuck between two amps that are readily available and which are in my budget, one is the laney lx120t, it's a good amp, comparitively cheap, but the tone i ****ing hate, the clean sounds like a midget being sodomised by a baby elephant, but the od is good, not great, but tolorable, and on the other hand we have the randall rg200g3, i love the ****in tone and everything, but the price is just a tad bit 2 much, im not sure, so can you guys please help? and yaa i'll be using my pod mainly for the tones, but i'll also use the amp's od, so please adivse on what i should do???
Quote by chimneyfish

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
are those rg100's hybrids or something? im not really sure. But honestly id suggest a B-52, or a peavey valveking.
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
yaa man the rg's are hybrids, and thanks for the advise bro, i'll be sure to check out the valveking
Quote by chimneyfish

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
I'm going to suggest this again, because I'm not sure you read it the first time I posted it, but you should look into the Randall RG50TC.
^That is probably a good amp. Respectable company and all tubes.