good drummers have good timing, can catch on to the beat of the song fairly quickly, and can come back to the rhythm of the song after a roll or drum solo, and this holds true nomatter which type of music you play
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by spider666
good drummers have good timing, can catch on to the beat of the song fairly quickly, and can come back to the rhythm of the song after a roll or drum solo, and this holds true nomatter which type of music you play

Touche!

However, some techniques are genre specific.
bad drummers- smoke weed before and during practice then spend an hour trying to find the right beat to play to your riff then after their second weed smoking session forget what they played
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Touche!

However, some techniques are genre specific.

yaa that's true as well, so it all depends on what type of music you play, but the timing thing is mainly important, but make sure that the drummer you get plays your genre!!! you would not want to be playing some bluesy bb king song and have the drummer pound out double bass blasts at 500,000 bpm!! trust me, that's one nasty bitch right there.
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Quote by TheSmilingGoat
im looking for a drummer but have no idea what to look for

With that intiricate description of what you want i'm surprised you don't have 6 already.
OPTIMUS PRIME
the main thing to look for in a drummer is their ability to play drums. you can normally tell what kind of drummer some1 is by looking at their kit.
Metal drummers- lots of cymbals double kick
Rock drummers- combination of everything
Latin drummers- lots of different drums, cow bells, wood blocks and other percussion stuff