Hey, I'm looking to improve the overall sound of my guitar setup.
I run an LTD Viper 200FM with EMG-HZ's through a BOSS MT-2 to a Peavey Studio Pro 112.
I've tweaked around with the settings for hours and hours but like many others I just can't get rid of that fuzz sound (Sounds especially bad when doing open palm mutes)

Getting a new amp isn't an option at this point, and I'm looking for a multi-effects pedal that has good distortion effects on it. I play heavier stuff such as children of bodom and parkway drive but I also like to play lighter stuff like Ozzy osbourne and ACDC.

What are peoples opinions about the BOSS ME50? I know about harmonycentral, but if it wasn't for harmony centrals users going on about how great the MT-2 was I wouldn't have it. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.
Why is getting a new amp not an option when it's the cause of your problem? Well, that and the MT2...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I knew the MT-2 was contributing to the bad sound but I thought the peavey was decent? I only ever use the clean channel which is all i need with pedals. The Studio Pro 112 supposedly has a great clean channel (According to reviews, I haven't tried other amps)

Getting a new amp isn't an option because I can't afford it. I can only afford 500 AUS$ which is the same price I payed for my amp.
you can easily get a better amp i.e. Vox valvetronix, small tube (15 watts maybe)
Quote by jamesrad2
I knew the MT-2 was contributing to the bad sound but I thought the peavey was decent? I only ever use the clean channel which is all i need with pedals. The Studio Pro 112 supposedly has a great clean channel (According to reviews, I haven't tried other amps)

Getting a new amp isn't an option because I can't afford it. I can only afford 500 AUS$ which is the same price I payed for my amp.

Peavey's do have decent clean channels, but the amp is part of the problem because the onboard distortion isn't good enough, hence the need for a pedal. If you'd got an amp with decent onboard distortion in the first place you wouldn't have needed to spend extra money on a pedal that turned out to be awful.

I don't think you'll get any better with your budget though so you'll need to make do with what you have. The first thing you need to get is an EQ pedal - you might find that's all it takes to make the amps distortion usable. Secondly grab yourself a decent distortion pedal - the MT2 is an atrocious sounding pedal, maybe try the Metal Muff, that's not overly pricey.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Peavey's do have decent clean channels, but the amp is part of the problem because the onboard distortion isn't good enough, hence the need for a pedal. If you'd got an amp with decent onboard distortion in the first place you wouldn't have needed to spend extra money on a pedal that turned out to be awful.

I don't think you'll get any better with your budget though so you'll need to make do with what you have. The first thing you need to get is an EQ pedal - you might find that's all it takes to make the amps distortion usable. Secondly grab yourself a decent distortion pedal - the MT2 is an atrocious sounding pedal, maybe try the Metal Muff, that's not overly pricey.

^^^
Would the ME-50 be any good?
or any other multi-effects pedals in that range?