Went to guitar center yesterday and checked out some ampeg heads, wanted to try out the svt-450h, but they didn't have it, so I tried out the B2RE, which the guy told me it was just the same except it was rack mounted. The B2RE sounded very nice, exactly what I was going for. I didn't get a chance to play the SVT3 pro head, but I've heard it's the ****. Besides the sounds of the B2RE, the other reason I like it over the 3 pro is control simplicity, not too complicated for me. I didn't even know what half the stuff was on the controls. What do you guy think? I can definitely swing the B2RE but the 3 pro would be a little more money then I have right now, but I think I could swing it if I needed too. I want some opinions on each though.

Thanks
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
SVT all the way, amazing tone and power. The EQ bands can be a little intimidating but once you sit down and just work with the levels you'll get more comfortable and confident with tweaking. Sure the B series is SS so there's no tube business involved, but then again, imo, nothing can compare to that true tube sound. And the SVT isn't all tube so it won't feel like you're lugging a tank around.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
I'd like to know this too, I'd imagine the extra money for the 3PRO would be better?
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
It's a much better investment, go for the SVT-3 PRO. Generally, in the comparable models of the B series and the Pro series, the Pro version is a hundred times better. The controls may seem a little complicated, but it's an amazing head once you get the hang of it. If you buy the B2RE now, you'll kick yourself later for it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I've found that B series Ampegs have nothing on the SVT's. Definitely go for the 3PRO if you buy Ampeg.

May I suggest giving Ashdown a go though? Take a look at the ABM series.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
The ashdown isn't bad either, I just like the Ampeg because of it's overall badass factor. Out of ten, it gets an 8.9. Only the 4 "big-boy" ampegs get a perfect 10 from me, the SVT Classic, SVT VR, SVT-4 PRO, and SVT-2 PRO.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

the 3PRO. I used to own an older model, and it served me well (if only for 3 shows :p) it's a sweet amp, you can definately hear the tone advantage over the B2RE.

and plague, does the 6PRO get a 10 from you? I'd give the 2PRO an 11 but it's a bit out of my budget ;]
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
sweet, thanks guys, I'll go with the 3PRO
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Quote by mountaindew88
the 3PRO. I used to own an older model, and it served me well (if only for 3 shows :p) it's a sweet amp, you can definately hear the tone advantage over the B2RE.

and plague, does the 6PRO get a 10 from you? I'd give the 2PRO an 11 but it's a bit out of my budget ;]

The 6PRO gets a 10 from thefitz. I'd take the 6PRO over the 2PRO any day of the week.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
oh btw, can anyone recommend a good single rack case for the 3PRO?

Thanks
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Quote by Bad Seed
oh btw, can anyone recommend a good single rack case for the 3PRO?

Thanks

SKB's always a good choice. However, you never know - you might have some rack gear for later. Why not invest in a 3-5 space rack? It'll be a good place to put your BBE Sonic Maximizer!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
SKB's always a good choice. However, you never know - you might have some rack gear for later. Why not invest in a 3-5 space rack? It'll be a good place to put your BBE Sonic Maximizer!

To the TS, take this man's advice. Not only is that thing useful, but you might want to invest in a compressor, EQ, etc. later. It's always good to have some more room for the future. The 6 PRO gets a 9 from me, it's cool, but a little awkward. I'd take the 2 PRO over it anyday
Quote by PatMcRotch

Quote by Wasted Bassist

Recommended threads
Which Ampeg?
Teh Forest King
Last post:
by Your41Plague12