Hey guys, need a good volume pedal for synthy sounding swells. It's for my electronica, house and drum n' bass groups so that's a good idea of the sound i'm going for. It should be good for sans-pick attack swells, and not for simple volume changes like the little alligator. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Do you want a volume expression pedal or something like a violin effect pedal?
Something like a violin sound. Like those string/synth pad effects
I think any volume pedal will do, but make sure it's very smooth to operate. You could save up a bit and fork out for some strange guitar synth that does that coz they will give a better sound for what you're playing.
No, i just need swells, not really sax synths, sitar synths and the like
and btw, does the little alligator work for synth sounding swells?
So something like a Behringer SM200. Probably higher quality tho, but you get the idea.
yep, know that ped but dont trust behringer anymore :P
I don't trust Behringer either, everything I've seen looks and feels plastic, I want a pedal that will hold up to me stomping on it all night.

Most any volume pedal should do the trick, I play with a volume pedal all the time and will not play without it, I think all guitar and bass players should use them. Right now I'm using a rather old Schaller Fusschweller, it works great and has been very dependable. I've also used the Dunlop volume pedal, very good quality, and a Morley Power Wah, which is a combination wah wah, power booster (overdrive) and volume pedal. I'm thinking about rebuilding it, the Morley did a great job for around 15 years of being stomped on 3-5 nights a week.

I would say look for a Dunlop first, then others like Boss, and avoid the Behringer...if you can find an old Schaller like mine grab it, I've been using it for over 10 years with no repairs needed, just a quick squirt with some contact cleaner now and then, I love it. For what you want to do, just make sure the pedal you get will shut the signal down completely, like mine does. I use it for swells all the time like you want to do and it must start from dead silent. So make sure the pedal will go from dead silent to full blast. It will take you a couple of months to get accustomed to a volume pedal, but use it for ALL volume control, not just the swells, and I'll bet in two to threee months you'll never play without a volume pedal again, I won't...I even take my volume pedal and an extra guitar chord if I go somewhere to sit in with a band. Not having to stop playing guitar to fiddle with the volume knobs is great. If I miss the volume a bit I just move my foot again, I don't have to stop playing and grab for the knob...

Everybody should play a with volume pedal. It can't be beat.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
^meh, i use the volume knob on the guitar. i can do it midsong whilst playing and singing. saved some money and a spot on my board. if you practice(and dont have sucky pots in your guitar) you can swell with the volume knob easily. but otherwise, any volume pedal should do.
The Ernie Ball is good right?

Yeah mate i dont like behringer, one time i needed a quick footswitch cause mine got swiped, and the behringer one was cheap. It died in the middle of the gig. Real embarassing because it was a paid gig and the couple's dance of a WEDDING of all things. Not dependable, man that was the 1st few hours of use!!!!
Quote by TehJermie
^meh, i use the volume knob on the guitar. i can do it midsong whilst playing and singing. saved some money and a spot on my board. if you practice(and dont have sucky pots in your guitar) you can swell with the volume knob easily. but otherwise, any volume pedal should do.

I tried that bro, the volume pot on my AS 73 was too far away from the strings
^ i understand man. just a heads up, a lot of people have a hard time with volume pedals doing weird stuff to their signal.
aaaaahhh i gotcha.

Any reviews on the ernie ball? How about goodrich
Quote by Tweak88
ernie ball is not good. is great!

must be a pro-quality one then hahah