i'm kinda wondering, in tone wise, what's the difference between a HSS& HH?
Ulquiorra Schiffer of THE BLEACH CLUB!

The Official UG Hate Crew member!

Love me because i'm an azn. hell yeah.
HSS is a humbucker in the bridge position, a singlecoil in mid and a singlecoil in neck.

HH is a humbucker in bridge position, and a humbucker in neck.
Having two humbuckers will give you a fatter, chunkier sound rather than two singles and a humbucker, where you maintain that chunky sound but still receive the breezy light tone from the single coils.

I prefer the HSS because you get the best of both worlds. ^_^
I prefer HSS just because if I need the distortion, I could switch to the humbucker, and if I need a good, clean tone I would switch to my mid and neck single coils.
What type of music do you play?

Speaking in generalizations, humbuckers are warmer while single coils are clearer.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
hmmm, i was just asking out of curiosity. and i play loads of rock ~ metal like deep purple, led zep, pink floyd to metallica, cob, static-x etc.
Ulquiorra Schiffer of THE BLEACH CLUB!

The Official UG Hate Crew member!

Love me because i'm an azn. hell yeah.
i'd probably go HSS as both deep purple and floyd use single coils a lot.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?