Page 1 of 3
anyone have many moments where a song literally gives you chills? had it just then and i was thinking it doesnt happen too much but i know quite a few songs now that have...

a few i can think of that have:
pink cigarette by mr bungle in the outro just before "its just five hours etc..." (that was the one just then...)
nutshell by alice in chains first time i heard the electric guitar in wat i guess you'd call the chorus
november rain by guns n roses when it builds into the last solo
mouthful of cavities by blind melon just before they sing "oh please give me a little more"

im sure there is more but yeah... its not always the best songs that do it or even the best moments in a song (i mean hey, although a brilliant band, i never thought mr bungle would give me chills yet here i sit) so share any that you can think of any genre, any time period whatever.
The song "Holy Mountains" by System of a Down always make me quiver 4 a while because i believe the message is so powerful
Where Did You Sleep Last Night - Nirvana, originally by Leadbelly
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
+1 on november rain

oh and estranged... Especially from the solo @ 6 min and to the end
Amp:
Marshall DSL401 Spk:V30
Guitars:
Fender MIM Strat Black
Tokai Love Rock(et) 48 Vintage sunburst
Effects:
Maxon OD808
Slash Wah
some of the vocals in

There's No Penguins in Alaska by chiodos make me shiver

'08 Ibanez S5470 Prestige
Gibson SG Special - discontinued teal finish
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
4x12 Mesa Oversized Slanted Cab
BOSS TU-2
iSP Decimator
In the live version of The Saints are Coming by U2 & Green Day. When the bridge there talking about New Orleans, just something about the message is soo powerful
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Tool - Wings for Marie. at 2 points. tho Lateralus just takes me away to a completely different plane of ****ing existence. so to speak
I was listening to Time by Pink Floyd and the solo gave me the chills before, probably because I love it so much. Listening to music where a member of the band or the artist was depressed or commited suicide gets to me sometimes, it's really strange. Nirvana Unplugged is also much more powerful than any of their studio albums.
Definitely the John Lennon part of "Day in the Life". The opening chords and vocals send a shiver down my spine every time
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
for some reason on AAF's version of smooth criminal on the slide before the solo, but only if im watching the video.

Oh and A Tout Le Monde By Megadeth
Quote by God_in_a_bag
hurt- johnny cash version SCARY!

Yes....That song creeps me out when I listen to it....Metallica - Call of Ktulu, my friend and I always smile when Cliff does that creepy sounding wah stuff...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Oct 8, 2007,
Is There Anybody Out There - Pink Floyd

Creepy because of the voices at the beginning and Waters singing "Is there anybody out there".
Sometimes - My Bloody Valentine. Probably one of the most beautiful songs ever.
Pale Blue Eyes - The Velvet Underground
A lot of tool stuff, but Wings for Marie pts 1 and 2 do tht. Third Eye, the quote at the start kinda blows your mind. Die Eier von Satan is creepy until you find out what they're actually saying then its hilarious.
War All The Time - Thursday.
Punks not Dead it's Just Sleeping

Let's Play Some Tetris MotheR FuckeR
Boys of Summer-Don Henly (The Ataris version is cool too) Mainly the chorus.

The Number of the Beast- Iron Maiden-..I love that scream he does right before the fast part it's mind blowing.

And seeing AC/DC live in concert...Holy fu*k that chills me
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Not many songs gives me the chills but when I hear the live version of On My Own by The Used, the part when Bert screams: "on my own!!", it´s so beautiful, that gives me goosebumps..
THIS IS ONE OF THOSE CHILLERS ON THE OUTRO SOLO ,JOHN SYKES RIPS IT UP WITH TONY FRANKLIN ON FRETTLESS BASS .GREAT COUNTERPOINT.AS SYKES HANDLES BROODING VOCALS AMICABLY AS WELL BRILLIANT SOLO WORK, INDEED ONE OF THE LAST "UNSUNG HEROES" OF POST 80~S STARDOM
Quote by illusionist89
anyone have many moments where a song literally gives you chills? had it just then and i was thinking it doesnt happen too much but i know quite a few songs now that have...

pink cigarette by mr bungle in the outro just before "its just five hours etc..." (that was the one just then...)
nutshell by alice in chains first time i heard the electric guitar in wat i guess you'd call the chorus
mouthful of cavities by blind melon just before they sing "oh please give me a little more"

im sure there is more but yeah... its not always the best songs that do it or even the best moments in a song (i mean hey, although a brilliant band, i never thought mr bungle would give me chills yet here i sit) so share any that you can think of any genre, any time period whatever.
[font="Courier N JELLY ROLL-BLUE MURDER 1989 ]THIS IS ONE OF THOSE CHILLERS ON THE OUTRO SOLO ,JOHN SYKES RIPS IT UP WITH TONY FRANKLIN ON FRETTLESS BASS .GREAT COUNTERPOINT.AS SYKES HANDLES BROODING VOCALS AMICABLY AS WELL BRILLIANT SOLO WORK, INDEED ONE OF THE LAST "UNSUNG HEROES" OF POST 80~S STARDOM :now that YOU MENTION IT MAYNARD SCREAMING "LET GO"LET GO" MANIACALLY AT THE END OF "THER GRUDGE" -LATERALUS IS ONE OF THEIR "MANY SHINING MOMENTS... VIVA LA TOOL!!!!!!!!

Last edited by RIHCHIR at Oct 14, 2007,
pink cigarette by bungle also fantomas delerium cordia,i want you by elvis costello (seriously give it a chance it is creepy) and some song by the specials about a girl being raped when the girl starts screaming it just sounds like she means it
Would? by Alice in Chainsgives me chills, but thats mainly due to the fact that its about Andy Wood.

Songs are always more chilling when given context. See nirvana Unplugged
Sound garden-Black hole sun. (something about when it gets slow)
Alice in chains-Them bones
Rammstein-Reise Reise (first time i heard it, blew my socks off)
the navy song - billy talent..its about a sailor who dies and its sad cause it talks about his wife

hurt - johnny cash version...way better than the 9 inch nails original version

famous last words - i dont know why, the end just does it

fix you - coldplay, if you're making a video for a graduation ceremony and want everyone to cry , put this song in!!! lol

river below - billy talent...ok, the reason this one gives me chills is because its so effing amazingly well done, best song ever

white shadows - coldplay, the intro with the organ is freaky lol
Dont Stop Believing...

I cant think of anymore at this sec
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
Page 1 of 3