Poll: ethical yes/no
Poll Options
View poll results: ethical yes/no
yes
45 98%
no
1 2%
Voters: 46.
ive bee thinking latley is it ok to be downloading music if you actualy pay for the albums later. for example i have alot of stiff little fingers on my pc and ive been trying to get thier albums but i just cant find em.

so is it ethical to download music if you actualy buy the albums
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
dude the recording industry takes all the profit anyway, just go to their shows and buy merch
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
yeh but what if they dont go to places near where he lives? he wasn't going on about supporting the band through sales or whatever. he just wanted to get the cd
Well, I personally prefer the whole illegal downloading era it isn't happening right now but eventually it will weed out everyone that just plays music for money versus the people who actually like playing music.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by somethingcool76
dude the recording industry takes all the profit anyway, just go to their shows and buy merch

exactly the way i see it, although with lesser known bands i wil lbuy cds to show my support
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
If you have purchased the CD already, downloading the song technically should be fine.
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric

Epi LP Custom w/ Active EMG's

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT (this thing is a BEAST! )
Completely ok, because you're still giving the artist their money- you're just not wasting your money on a cd you don't like. This isn't too much of a ethical question though, I thought you were going to talk about genocide or vivisection or animal cruelty bollocks.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
So, I have about 100 CDs. I still download music.
Some people have double the amount of downloaded music than my CD collection.
I just hate those people.
Quote by somethingcool76

thats a good point, as long as ur providing some sort of money to the artists..

whatever makes u sleep at night i guess
I always think "I'll download the album and buy it if I like it" then if I do like the album, I usually end up buying a different album from the same band because I always think "well i've already got that album so there's no point.

I 'm a horrible person, I know.