hi there!

i noticed some days ago that when i play the 12th fret on the high E string, it makes a strange noise, like a tremolo:

first, recorded with my other guitar (no problem)
then, with the guitar that has this poblem

http://www.arquivoweb.net/arquivo.php?id=4379805

the string is in tune, nothing's wrong really... could it be that the string is touching slightly the 13th or 14th fret, which causes this noise?

thank you
what guitar is it?
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
the guitar is a Cort Z-44 (the one with the problem)

the thing is that I didn't do anything to it. it didn't make that noise last week.
didn't change strings, raised/lowered action...

i'll raise the action a bit and see what happens
hmm yeah try raising the action - I was asking what guitar it was because generally the action of strats can't be too low because the shape of the neck is curved. Thus meaning if the action is too low if you fret a string then potentially other frets further up the neck could also get fretted too. But since your guitar is not a strat i'm not too sure. But yeah try raising the action
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Change the strings. My Dean will do that all the way up the neck with an exception of a few frets if I keep the strings on it too long. If that doesnt work, then try raising the action.
i tried raising action. still the same

could it be some intonation problem?
that would be strange because nothing was changed in the guitar
Like I said before, just change the strings. It should work. It sounds exactly like what my Dean ML sounds like when the string gets too old. Raising or lowering action does nothing, and neither will changing the intonation, I tried all that then decided to change the strings and it worked.
yep! it's working. goddamn string!! :P

I had just re-stringed it about a month ago so I'd never think that was the problem (they usually last more than that)

thks a lot