Hi..

I know I made a similiar thread already, but didnt get fully answered.

Im looking for a Second-Hand Strat,
and I just got into a 95' Mexican Strat (Checked Serial No.) :

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4580/3024177820070910100910yf2.jpg
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9892/3014177820070910100909bu5.jpg

as u see, it has a H-S-S . I saw some with S-S-S, what is better? diffrents?

I talked to a guy who sells a 89' Japanese one,
and he says the MEXICANS are sucky guitars, and u can find them
really equality to Squiers (almost).. and that I shouldn't waste my money on
a MIM Strat.

this MIM Strat goes for 400$ , U find it Worth the deal?
Obviously, if he's selling jap ones, then he's not going to promote MIM's...
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
So to answer your question, they're great guitars!
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Okay, as for the H-S-S and such...
S-S-S will get you 3 single coils, the ones that most popular rock artists from the 70's and even now use. Incredible bell tones.
Now, the H-S-S is great if you want some diversity. You flip the pickup selector to the bridge position, and you've got some chunky tone similar to that of a les paul (but not a les paul). The H-s-s is neck: single coil Middle: Single coil and Bridge: humbucker (which also gets rid of the 60-cycle hum if you're into that. Hope that clears things up a tad.
Well in my experience with both guitars the japanese have been of a higher quality and very very similar to american and the mexicans have seem not to be of such a high quality but for the price you cant really go wrong for an intermediate guitar.

Id go with the Jap - ive never played a bad one but yes hes most likely to say japs are better because hes selling them but i have to agree with him.

hope it helps
well ofcourse I know he would do anything to get me on his Jap..

but it made me wonder if the MIMs r really that bad or good?

cuz NEW Standard Mexican in shop costs 550$.

and the 89' Japanese really ugly..
its ALL Black! with a BLACK Pickguard, I really dont like it.

but im not satisfied with the MIM =[
MIM's can be good or bad. Inconsistent quality control. Get the Japanese. Consistent outstanding quality with only a few exceptions. You get way more than your money's worth. I've got one, had it since 1994. It's HSS, and the good thing about the humbucker is that it really doesn't sound much different than a single coil, just hotter. Preserves the sound of the classic Strat while giving more versatility.
I think Japs have a basswood body, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Mine is basswood. Some are basswood with alder tops, some are solid alder. The ones made for the Japanese domestic market only (not for export) tend to be alder.