a. What are arpeggios and what is the importance of learning them/what do you d owith them? I'm pretty sure I got the basic clasp of this one, but clarification is appreciated.

b. What is the difference between major 7th chords and dominant 7 chords?

More to come I'm sure, but thanks.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
the major 7th is a half step down from the 8th.the dominant seventh is a whole step down from the 8th.
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
a. What are arpeggios and what is the importance of learning them/what do you d owith them? I'm pretty sure I got the basic clasp of this one, but clarification is appreciated.

b. What is the difference between major 7th chords and dominant 7 chords?

More to come I'm sure, but thanks.

Arrpegios are the notes of a chord played one a time eg.

E
B
G        5
D      5
A   7
E 5

would be an Am7 arpeggio. You can use them when improvising and youll suod very in key, it stops you hitting avoid notes when playing over chords.

A major 7th has a maj7th note in it. 1 3 5 7 is the interval spelling.
A dominant7 has a flattened 7. 1 3 5 b7.
Quote by cakemonster91

*chuckle* A peanut. With a face.

Go to your staff paper and re-write this song a half step down so on the paper it'll be like you have a "C" just move it down to a "B#"

Know your theory, then play like you don't.

An arpeggio is when you play the notes of a chord individually, not strumming the whole chord at once. They can be useful in making chord progressions more interesting, and using them in solos helps ground the solo to the chord progression you're playing over.

A major 7th chord is 1 3 5 7, so Cmaj7 is C E G B. A dominant 7th chord is 1 3 5 b7, so Cdom7 (also called C7) is C E G Bb.