im looking a pickup that is VERY loud.. the hottest high output pickup in existance. i was wondering if anyone knew of a pickup louder than a duncan invader. cuz thats what i have now. and unfortunately it sounds exactly like delonge. im looking for my own new tone that noone famous has already dried up. HELP ME OUT! (i dont care about price.)
....Why. Most hot pickups sound like guff, as the Invader proves. You could either go actives or get some quality PAFs or something and boost them to death with a high-level Clean Booster. Ultra hot ones tend to have no clarity and are pretty much not worth the money for their windings.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Jackson J90C. 16 ohms output. Extremely loud, louder then my EMGs, DiMarzio ToneZone, or Duncan JB, even if it isn't higher output then say a JB. Really crisp and clear too.

EDIT: Also check out Seymour Duncans Custom Shop... I'm sure they could make you whatever you want.
DiMarzio X2N. It will blow your mind.
Gear:
ESP Ltd Viper,
Jackson RR3,
Line 6 Pod XT,
Hüghes and Kettner EB15R,
Digitech pedals,
Guitar project; FYP Camo-V...

''Saatanaa, Vitun Perkele!''
-Norther - Death Unlimited <666
Quote by MrCarrot
....Why. Most hot pickups sound like guff, as the Invader proves. You could either go actives or get some quality PAFs or something and boost them to death with a high-level Clean Booster. Ultra hot ones tend to have no clarity and are pretty much not worth the money for their windings.

i know that hot pickups are commonly steriotyped as worthless. but im not looking for a pickup to sound good for anythig but heavy detuned deathmetal and trebel cranked pop punk. jazz lovers have their turn ons. i have mine.
Quote by whosamerica
i know that hot pickups are commonly steriotyped as worthless. but im not looking for a pickup to sound good for anythig but heavy detuned deathmetal and trebel cranked pop punk. jazz lovers have their turn ons. i have mine.
You're not looking for a pickup for anything but Heavy Metal and Pop Punk? What's that mean in English?
your turn on is crap tone by my guess.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by MrCarrot
You're not looking for a pickup for anything but Heavy Metal and Pop Punk? What's that mean in English?

i just want a loud annoying tone. one that makes people like the guy one post down piss their pants. you cant put a label on something original. any playing by the rules never made anyone famous.
Quote by whosamerica
i just want a loud annoying tone. one that makes people like the guy one post down piss their pants. you cant put a label on something original. any playing by the rules never made anyone famous.

Ah right. Keep your Invader then. Or try actives, Blackouts, Livewires, EMG81, all that kinda thing, maybe an X2N, I dunno, to each his own I guess.
Quote by whosamerica

No offense to Randy Rhoads, but he beat you to it. His tone was BAD. Amazing player, not-so-amazing tone. As for what you are looking for, the Invader would work fine. Its high output, bland sounding, and muddy for leads. EMG81s aren't bad tone wise like some people like to make them out to be, and would also probably work well.
Quote by whosamerica

Made Zakk Wylde famous!

I really need to stop ripping on other bands.

The real question is... what amp do you have?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
loud annoying tone? line6 insane channel + brightest pups you can find in a guitar made from ebony. now that would be annoying
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by CORT noob
Made Zakk Wylde famous!

I really need to stop ripping on other bands.

The real question is... what amp do you have?

ha nice. lol im actually currently without a guitar amp. im playing through a fender rumble 100 im saving for an epiphone socal hs. but its like a split persuit. im saving for like a hundred different things. and when i finallly have my 900 bucks. should i buy a new bass amp. guitar amp? or sell my bass and get a mesa? lol. its not easy supporting 2 instruments and i guess eventually ill have to choose one or another.