Hi everybody

I'm about to buy a new amp (budget: 500 bucks) and i have no idea what i chould buy!

I would really like a half-stack but they are so expensive, help me out please!!!

henis

ps if you have a link were i can find prices etc please send me a PM
you;re from belgium, so do you mean 500 euro? there's a massive difference between euros and "bucks" i.e dollars.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
also what kind of music do you play, and where will you be playing?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
it's 400 euros so thatskinda 500 bucks and i'm interested in playing all genres, mostly metal
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Any half-stack in your price range will probably be terrible. If you can't look used the best higher power tube combo in your price range is probably the Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112. B52's are a little more. If you can get by on lower power (if it's just for home practice) there are several decent 5 watt tube combos for $200 USD.
Anything would be an upgrade from that soundclip but yeah, get a vox or something
thx guys

but what do you think of behringer amps, are they a good chose? they are really unexpencive from what i see and they are good quality from what i hear
^ They suck.

Storm_Bringer gave you a couple decent suggestions. Start there.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by henis
thx guys

but what do you think of behringer amps, are they a good chose? they are really unexpencive from what i see and they are good quality from what i hear

I think they're ****, is that soundclip your behringer?
but thats the problem, I do need 100 watt's I play in a band and well we play some loud sh!t
Quote by henis
but thats the problem, I do need 100 watt's I play in a band and well we play some loud sh!t

No you don't, you need a loud tube amp, not 100 watts
Quote by henis
how about an orange tiny terror?

no, maybe 30-50 watts, although you should sell the behringer and get something decent
the randall is a bit to expencive (budget 500 dollars) and isn't the ashdown a bass amp?
Quote by henis

I play in a loud band with old deaf guys, and I run a 30W tube combo that I rarely get above 3 on the dial. And that's my sig, BTW, not a direct reply to you. Although you don't need a halfstack or 100W, either.

I checked your link for alternatives, and saw none. Crappy site, IMHO.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
hey landgenoot

wat storm bringer heeft aangeraden zou wel goed zijn voor u.
ge hebt zeker geen 100 watt nodig ze, alle toch ni alst nen lampenversterker is.
mijd u van marshall MG's en line 6 spiders, die zijn nie veel waard.
ik zou mij gene half stack kopen ze, nen combo is veel beter voor de prijs en zeker me u budget.
als ge geen goeie cleans nodig hebt, kunde is zien op ebay voor nen peavey 5150. die zijn goed voor metal.
of ne peavey valveking met een pedaalken, maar ik ben persoonlijk gene fan van die valvekings.
ik zou vooral naar Vox valvetronix XL's kijken of ne roland cube 60.
maar lampecombos zijn nog beter zijn eigelijk, maar voor de moment kan ek op ni veel buizenamps opkomen
veel geluk nog in u zoektocht e
btw, waar woonde, anders kan ek u wa goeie winkels aanrade
o ja, en tis should he, ni chould
Quote by The red Strat.
hey landgenoot

ge hebt zeker geen 100 watt nodig ze, alle toch ni alst nen lampenversterker is.
ik zou mij gene half stack kopen ze, nen combo is veel beter voor de prijs en zeker me u budget.
als ge geen goeie cleans nodig hebt, kunde is zien op ebay voor nen peavey 5150. die zijn goed voor metal.
of ne peavey valveking met een pedaalken, maar ik ben persoonlijk gene fan van die valvekings.
maar lampecombos zijn nog beter zijn eigelijk, maar voor de moment kan ek op ni veel buizenamps opkomen

he speaks the truth, you should get a combo
Quote by The red Strat.

Translation isn't all that hard if you look at the context of the words i.e ''combo'' and ''half-stack''
(what storm_bringer said would be good for you)
(dunno)
(The MG's and Line 6 Spiders are very bad)
(Combo is much better value for money on a budget)
(If you aren't bothered about cleans look for a used 5150 on Ebay, good for metal)
(I recommend a Vlaveking and a pedal, the valveking is a personal favourite of mine)
(Also look at Vox Valvetronix and Roland Cube 60)
(Dunno)
(Dunno)

Quote by Horlicks
(what storm_bringer said would be good for you)
(dunno)
(The MG's and Line 6 Spiders are very bad)
(Combo is much better value for money on a budget)
(If you aren't bothered about cleans look for a used 5150 on Ebay, good for metal)
(I recommend a Vlaveking and a pedal, the valveking is a personal favourite of mine)
(Also look at Vox Valvetronix and Roland Cube 60)
(Dunno)
(Dunno)

very good !
a few mistakes here and there though, i said that the valveking isn't a favorite of mine, stuff like that...

you didn't have to prove your point though, i agreed with you
Quote by The red Strat.
very good !
a few mistakes here and there though, i said that the valveking isn't a favorite of mine, stuff like that...

you didn't have to prove your point though, i agreed with you

lol, I only did it because I was damn bored
ah ok, wish i was bored though, i still have a ****load to do for school...
Last edited by The red Strat. at Oct 8, 2007,