Anyway, I am in a touring church band, I play classical piano. Our lead guitarist couldn't play, so one of my friends was subbing for him. He plays through a jazz chorus, roland efx processors and some pedals. Anyway, he plays a squier strat which he hates for good reason. He borrowed his friend's lp studio. I played with it a little, and I just hated it. I play a Epi G-400 custom and I like that so much better. The Gibson just felt cheap....btw, he ended up playing my guitar for the concert.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
Stupio. Very creative.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ha.

yeah the studio's i've played felt awful. i'm sure there's some good ones out there, but they seem hard to find.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
stuidos are pertty bad man, but aparntly its a hit or miss with them/ the one i played was pretty poor tbh.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Just to throw it in, the best Gibson LP I've ever played was my buddy's mid 90's studio.

I agree that all of the new ones that I've played have been mediocre at best, though.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^+1

I hate most new Lps.

Though I own a fabolous 1998 Studio that beats all the new Gibsons I have tried.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i played a used one recently at gc and i was blown away. what a great guitar. but i also played a new one after that and it didnt play the same. so its true, itll be a hit or miss with it. but if you find one and plays amazingly, dont pass it up.

Guitars:
1998 Gibson SG-X Carribean Blue
Dean Avalanche
Amps:
Marshall JCM900 SL-X Head w/ Orange 212 Cab
JMF 120T Vintage
Fender 212DSP
Pedals:
Fulltone OCD, TC Electronics Flashback Delay, MXR Classic Overdrive, TC Electronics Polytune
Yeah, I mean it was a war movie it had so much action on it.
“In my anguish I cried to the LORD, and he answered by setting me free. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”
lol, i actually went and tested a lot of gibsons recently... heres what they were ALL like:

1. SG's had an obvious gap where the neck was joined (the bottom where the heel is)
2. The quality of the work sucked, some poor binding on LP's, crappy finishing on some.
3. The Chinese made epiphone's actually played better than most of the gibsons.
Current Gear
Ibanez RG1570 - Going bye bye
Jackson DK2 - Eventually will be replaced with Maton Mastersound
Peavey valveking 212
Various EHX and Boss effects