Who here has a jacket or vest that they patch with metal band logos and the like? I was thinking of starting to patch a jacket myself, so I thought I'd see what UGers also patch. It would be cool if someone could post pictures of there metal jackets as well. I always thought this was a cool look, it's a shame not many people do it anymore (at least not around here).
Each to their own I guess, I don't really like that look, too scruffy, it's not for me.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Im too cool for a metal jacket.

*Wears raincoat*

It seems like the only people who wear those jackets only listen to 80's thrash, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica and nothing else.

I asked a kid who wore one of those jackets if he liked Necrophagist and he thought it was a spell from a video game rofl.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Been sporting the scraggy ass black jean jacket / green army vest look for years, I stole my inspiration from:

I love it personally, you'd be surprised how many random folks come up to you and start talking about stuff on your jacket, i've actually met some really cool people. I usually wear a Russian military hat with it (Ushanka) and get comments all the time about how awesome it is
Last edited by Satchurio at Oct 8, 2007,
I'm working on patching mine myself. It should be sweet by the end of winter.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
I used to, cut off with Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, and Kreator patches. Lost it though . It was probably the single most metal jacket in history too.
Dickless.
i'v been thinking about doing that

i dunno where to get the denim vest for cheap though
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Quote by Retardwitguitar
i'v been thinking about doing that

i dunno where to get the denim vest for cheap though

Denim Jacket: $20 -> Sewing shears: $10 -> Patches: $10 altogether -> Patched vest: Awesome.
Dickless.
20 bucks for a denim jacket?

never seen one that cheap around here
Quote by Kensai

It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
.....never thought about that

thanks man
Quote by Kensai

Quote by MetalMilitia212
Wal-Mart fool.

agreed...

i used to know a dude that had a patch jacket...i couldn't even see the denim on the outside it was so covered...the best part is he got all the patches from shows...like 50+ patches...
I used to have one that was a good 15 years old, but I have no idea where it is now. It might be at my moms house or in storage. I'll try and find it.
Anyone know where you can get a green (military green) denim vest for cheap?
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by Nelsean
Im too cool for a metal jacket.

*Wears raincoat*

It seems like the only people who wear those jackets only listen to 80's thrash, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica and nothing else.

I asked a kid who wore one of those jackets if he liked Necrophagist and he thought it was a spell from a video game rofl.

I have Dark Funeral, Necrophagist, Darkthule, Kataxuand burzum patches, lmao.. But I never wear it now.. Not 17 anymore..

And yeah, mostly thrashers wear those.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
I have Dark Funeral, Necrophagist, Darkthule, Kataxuand burzum patches, lmao.. But I never wear it now.. Not 17 anymore..

And yeah, mostly thrashers wear those.

That's because thrash is directly related to punk, and patched jackets are a punk thing.
Dickless.
not really.

bands like motorhead, iron maiden, and some other nwobhm started it, and it kinda, like decended onto thrash metallers.

yeah i got one. i have it for a couple of months or so. pantera, megadeth, metallica, darkthrone, iron maiden, immortal, cannibal corpse, and a couple other ones.

goddamn those jackets are metal.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't go to college, start a metal band and go on tour.

Quote by (...)

My fate is clear. I must die for metal.
Actually, it started with the biker gangs of the 1950's.
My denim is awesome, if I say so myself. Especially my Dio backpatch It's now my intention to make up one entirely out of doom bands.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Actually, it started with the biker gangs of the 1950's.
My denim is awesome, if I say so myself. Especially my Dio backpatch It's now my intention to make up one entirely out of doom bands.

You're thinking of rocker jackets. Which I also have one of .
Dickless.
They gave us both, really. Voila

Regardless, denim+leather=awesome.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
man, i've decided im gonna start mine tommorow

1 problem though, i can't find any megadeth back patches, and thats what i really wanted

anyone seen any?
Quote by Kensai

sweet, i appreciate it man
Quote by Kensai

Quote by ChrisForce
not really.

bands like motorhead, iron maiden, and some other nwobhm started it, and it kinda, like decended onto thrash metallers.

yeah i got one. i have it for a couple of months or so. pantera, megadeth, metallica, darkthrone, iron maiden, immortal, cannibal corpse, and a couple other ones.

goddamn those jackets are metal.

No, punk bands started it. Wow, this is the first time I've ever posted in the metal forums.
Quote by StreetLight3989
No, punk bands started it. Wow, this is the first time I've ever posted in the metal forums.

See?

Ask any punk, they'll tell you that most metal culture was at least borrowed from punk. Despite all the hate, metal owes about half it's heritage to punk and hardcore. Although bikers did start it, band patches on denim started on punks.
Dickless.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
See?

Ask any punk, they'll tell you that most metal culture was at least borrowed from punk. Despite all the hate, metal owes about half it's heritage to punk and hardcore.

That in no way means it is true...
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by MetalMilitia212
Punk came before modern metal. There's your proof.

Motorcycles came out before punk so they must have pionered punk and therefor metal OLOLOL

Your "logic" is bull****. Punk culture has some similarities with metal, but it also has a lot of familiar traits with other groups. That does not in any way mean in influences or created it.

Why the **** are we arguing about clothes anyway? Denim jackets were long before either of these groups anyway.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Back on topic here...

another thing you can do with vests is cut the graphics off your metal tees that don't fit you anymore. the vocalist for this local thrash band I've seen a few times did this with an awesome Nuclear Assault locgo...completely badass.
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Motorcycles came out before punk so they must have pionered punk and therefor metal OLOLOL

Your "logic" is bull****. Punk culture has some similarities with metal, but it also has a lot of familiar traits with other groups. That does not in any way mean in influences or created it.

Why the **** are we arguing about clothes anyway? Denim jackets were long before either of these groups anyway.

Without the hardcore punk bands of the 80's there would be no modern metal. Thrash came from hardcore punk and pretty much all metal now is influenced by the 80's thrash bands. Also yeah denim jackets were around and bikers started the patch thing but punk did hugely popularize it.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Oct 8, 2007,
I think it looks stupid in my opinion, kinda like people are trying to hard to be "cool" or something, or they just wanna show off bands for some reason. I think it's even worse then wearing a band t shirt everyday.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.