Hello!

Got a sound related issue that bothers me
When i havent used my Torque Tb30 for awhile(few hours) and turn it on and
starts playing the tone is clean and good (relativly) but after a while
Its get suddenly very watery/distorted sound?
why do that happen? yes it´s a cheap ..... amp but its the only one
i got atm
^ +1

I also think it might be the fact that bass amps especially run on large capacitors which are used to boost the bass frequency extremely quick, and since you'd be continuously playing, then they would slowly run out of juice until finally they are spent and you're playing straight off of the power from the wall. This causes for the bass frequencies to hit much later than the treble frequencies, which can cause for a loss of bass and can create weird sounds. In other words, don't play for hours straight. Play for an hour or maybe two, then take a break with you amp OFF for at least 10 minutes I'd think, preferably a half-hour, then play another hour or two, and then it'll recharge fully after you're done playing for the day. :P
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
it sounds to me like the power supply in the amp is going out. the power supply is the big wire wrapped magnet looking thing, with a square frame around it. when they go bad, they tend to be fine at first, but when they get warm/hot, they fuzz up the sound.

Quote by mhylands
^ +1

I also think it might be the fact that bass amps especially run on large capacitors which are used to boost the bass frequency extremely quick, and since you'd be continuously playing, then they would slowly run out of juice until finally they are spent and you're playing straight off of the power from the wall. This causes for the bass frequencies to hit much later than the treble frequencies, which can cause for a loss of bass and can create weird sounds. In other words, don't play for hours straight. Play for an hour or maybe two, then take a break with you amp OFF for at least 10 minutes I'd think, preferably a half-hour, then play another hour or two, and then it'll recharge fully after you're done playing for the day. :P

a capacitor is not a battery, it recharges in milli-seconds. he could very well have a bad capacitor, but they tend to work, or not. as far as the bass frequencies hitting later than the treble? you lost me on that...... i'm thinkin' power supply.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Oct 9, 2007,
No i am not using active bass...

I realise that i tends to leave the amp on when i etc going away for a few min I.E
For dinner. *self* remember to turn off when its not in use!
Dont play for to long...*self*
gona do some experiment when i get home from school play for awhile tills it get distorted
and then stop and leave it for off for 10min> and then turn on again and see
if it makes any diffrent

(thanks for the answear*
My little Rumble 15 did this, and I kicked it and it went back to normal. However, I do not recomend this.