Well I haven't even gotten my Agile, but I'm already thinking about saving up for a next guitar. I was thinking a Standard Strat. Now I've played old strats but not many new ones. If I were to get an '07 model, would it be as good as the old ones? And how does the alder in it sound? I love the feel, so if it sounds good I will go try one and most likely just buy it right then.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Yeah I love the feel of strats, i'm debating on a HSS or HSH strat for my next axe.
Well I plan on the classic 3 singles. I loved the tone of the old ones, and I'm hoping nothing has changed.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
well how old is this strat? you cant say an old one and expect us to guess, theyve been making strats since the 50's, which are to die for mind you
I've played a '50. But I was leaning more to the 80's and 90's.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Ive got a 2007 MIA Strat and I simply love it. The quality in the thing is unreal.
Terms and Conditions apply.
^ Thanks, good to hear. The MIM's cannot be extremely different in quality then. Can they?

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
extremley different, yea a bit because that's why they cost the half right?
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
Quote by elekguit
I've played a '50. But I was leaning more to the 80's and 90's.

have you plauyed a real 1950 strat or a reissue?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
I've had a MIM strat for about 8 years now, and of course it's great but there is a large difference between it and an American strat. Just holding the thing feels completely different, but of course MIM's are much more affordable.
The question of old vs. new soundwise is more a matter of opinion than anything else. Don't expect any scientific answers.
i don't think i can post a comment about the sound... cuz mine's not stock at all...

but the finish quality isn't that great, but okay. i want a glossier neck imo.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard