Alright, I'm a self-confessed gain *****, I love metal, from metallica, slipknot etc. to dethklok, arch enemy and so on and so forth. I have a high gain amp (see below) but that just doesnt cut it for me, I was wondering what kind of OD/dist pedal I should go for to get tones like the range above. I want huge in your face bottom string chugging, then screaming pinch harmonics. Any suggestions you guys?

Thanks in advance.
maybe the zakk wylde od, havent played one before though, heard it gives you good pinch harmonics
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Digitech Metal Master - awesome pedal, can a be a bit to trebelly though sometimes at very high volumes
Get a Maxon or Ibanez Tubescreamer,and throw that infront of your dirty channel.Also try an EQ pedal.
How does an EQ pedal work exactly? I've heard them recommended quite a bit, but have never really investigated
Quote by gen0doom
How does an EQ pedal work exactly? I've heard them recommended quite a bit, but have never really investigated

It lets you tweak the frequencies.Take out mids add bass,treble,etc.It helps shape your tone
Aha, that could help I guess, it actually sounds like a better idea than more gain really. Okay, so any recommendations on a good EQ? Cheers Galapogos.
BOSS METALZONE MT2!!!!!!!!1111111 i have one and love it, it works with lots of music (i play lots of sabbath and found the perfect eq setting and got the perfect tone!!)
Quote by gen0doom
Aha, that could help I guess, it actually sounds like a better idea than more gain really. Okay, so any recommendations on a good EQ? Cheers Galapogos.

Boss GE7,MXR 6 band,MXR 10 band,Danalectro Fish n' Chips.Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.