The cable I had plugged into the amp got knocked off and the very end piece of the cable is still in the amp. I have no idea how to get it out, any suggestions?
that happened to me once with my old practice amp, it took about 4 days and a pair of homemade tweesers

good luck.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Yes, ask it very very nicely.

If it doesnt, kick the **** out that mofo, you asked, it didnt do what you wanted to, smash that amp up!
a very large electromagnet????

or maybe a string with some chewing gum/rubber cement tacked on the end
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by Twist of fate
There can still be electricity in the amp.

Be careful

How? Capacitors?

Edit: Poweeful magnets just won't work. For the power you'd need you'd make a mess of the wiring. Or more.

Although I do have an idea based on that rubber cement one. Get a piece of wooden dowel, not too think, and put a tiny bit of very very strong glue on the end which will adhere to metal. Very carefully guide it in and hold it until it sets, leave it a few hours, then pull.

You'd have to be very careful not to get glue in there though.
Last edited by ClaptonWannabe at Oct 8, 2007,
u could just un screw the in-put jack? then see what happens but i reely duno else you could do it. the only other option is the adheisive that sticks to metal, bearing mind it'd have to be a strong stick on it.
gear
Fender highway 1 tele
v
Korg pitchblck
Zoom Uf-01
EHX Big Muff
EHX Russian Muff
Made By Mike fender blender
Mi Audio Crunch box
Malekko Ekko 616
Ibanez CS9
BYOC Flange
v
Fender 75

welsh?

FOR SALE: PEDALS
just take te amp apart and remove it.

failing that, if your clever, get a small drill and drill into the centr of the jack, then just pull on the drill, should pop it out fine
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
The thing with the input on these is that they are enclosed usually, not open, so it's stuck in the bottom. Get the middle pin from the jack on the cable (the bit that goes down the middle and into the tip, and put it in the end of the tip, tap it with a hammer lightly a few times so that it is driven into the tip a little, then it should pull out.

That's the best method I could come up with when it happened to me, and it worked a treat.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
alright, take a peice of gum(not sugar free), chew it a little, stick it on the end of a dowel rod, and stick dowel rod into the input. than pull out. it may be old school but thats what i would try first
ehh
Arghh... Because I read all your comments I forgot the idea I had in my head.

It was bulletproof!!

(I'll update if I remember it)
if its a tube amp, don't open it or go sticking anything near it.........
send it out for repair because its just so dangerous.

if its not tube, go ahead and open it up carefully not touching any large caps...unplug it and wait 30 minutes before doing anything so the caps discharge.
you should be able to get to the jack from the inside and pop the cord out...

this happened with some cheap cable ends i bought a long time ago for my drums...darn tip of the TRS plug came off in my Roland TD6V module which was a pain to get to........

I doubt the part is attracted to magnets but you could try one of those telescopic magnet rod things....try sticking that in the jack but put on some gloves...
Quote by Calum_Barrow
The thing with the input on these is that they are enclosed usually, not open, so it's stuck in the bottom. Get the middle pin from the jack on the cable (the bit that goes down the middle and into the tip, and put it in the end of the tip, tap it with a hammer lightly a few times so that it is driven into the tip a little, then it should pull out.

That's the best method I could come up with when it happened to me, and it worked a treat.

It worked!!!!!
i agree with some guy up there. get a drill with a long thin bit and drill out a hole in the center of the piece and then screw a screw into the hole and pull it out
Quote by Calum_Barrow

glad to see the problem was fixed

just for info for everyone else
Two main type jacks are used today...open and closed

open, normally in guitars themselves:

Closed, mostly used in amps but ive seen open jacks in amps as well...:
i had that problem where my lead pretty much fell to bits in the input jack.. i had to get the input jack replaced in it
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way