I'm trying very hard to get an AC/DC tone. The one I'm looking for in particular is the one Angus has on Let There Be Rock: The Movie. That is my favorite Angus tone, and I can't seem to pinpoint the tone. I have a Gibson SG Standard, and a 1990 50 watt JCM 900 Hi-Gain Master Volume half stack. If anybody can help, thanks.
GEAR:

2004 Squire Mini (First Guitar)
Ibanez TB15R (Practice Amp)
2005 Gibson SG Standard HC (Only Good Guitar)
1990 Marshall JCM 900 2500 Hi Gain Master Volume Head(50w)
1990 Marshall JCM 900 1960A Cabinet
Check the "New Ultimate Settings Thread" on UG. It has some Angus settings you could try.
Turn up the clean channel full, (although it will be loud) and put mids and treble very high
You should be able to get it no prob with that equipment. Have you looked at the ultimate settings thread on here? Id imagine someone would have posted it.
Dang, you got some nice gear.

Anyway, try this:
Bridge pickup. Volume and Tone = 10

Amp: overdrive channel
Treble 5/10
Middle 6/10
Bass 7/10
Gain 3/10 (really not sure about this, I dunno how hard a JCM900 drives. Feel free to adjust)

Works for me
i have a jcm 900 and can get a really good AC/DC tone, channel a gain 8ish, and volume up. high atleast 4, on the 25watt setting this is bearable. lots of mids, with slightly less bass and treble, and slightly less prescence. i find this gets a really good AC/DC esque tone. bridge pickup obviously.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Thanks to those who gave settings and directed me to the thread. I wanted to point out though I'm NOT using a Dual Reverb, I'm using the original Hi-gain Master Volume from 1990-1993. It doesn't have a clean channel, It is just like the 2203, but with more Gain, and a second channel, only for more volume. Unfortunately, both channels are dirty, but it sounds so good anyway. Does anyone here know of the tone I'm speaking of? It's the one live concert in the Bonfire box set. Let There Be Rock: The Movie, Live in Paris, 1979. Thanks.
GEAR:

ah, sorry man, didn't see you have the master volume head. turn the gain down to about 4/5 and turn it up is all i can say really. try the same EQ settings as i gave before though, should give you a somewhat closer tone. its a while since i've played a master volume 900. sorry i can't be of anymore help
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by hairball
ah, sorry man, didn't see you have the master volume head. turn the gain down to about 4/5 and turn it up is all i can say really. try the same EQ settings as i gave before though, should give you a somewhat closer tone. its a while since i've played a master volume 900. sorry i can't be of anymore help

I will try them then. Thanks for the help man. Greatly appreciated.
GEAR: