do you think its safe to buy an amp from ebay.. or do you think if i bought it and when i got it just a total peice of SHAT! haha. (peavey 6505 combo)

Edit: do you guys have any Good/ Bad experiences buying large/costly items from ebay?
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
my dad been using ebay for years and never had a problem just make suere theres a return option just in case. but ive never used it personally.
just so i dont have to edit every post i make, let me clarify something I CANT TYPE WELL....thanks
I'm considering buying an ENGL invader off ebay when I have enough money but most people on ebay are honest I have never been scammed. Usually the people who are being scammed are the ones who want to buy some $1000 pair of shoes and somebody puts it up for $450. But I doubt somebody will lie to you about guitar equipment.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Make sure the seller has good feedback and you shouldn't have any problems.
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.
I know someone who ordered a PS2 (when they first came out) for 300 bucks and the guy shipped him the box only. The so he called eBay to complain about the shipper and eBay got back to him a couple days later saying they couldn't do anything about it because the shipper described it just right to sound like a PS2 but if you read it very carefully it was only the box. and yeah. basically he ended up paying 300 bucks for a box.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Quote by crystalh
I know someone who ordered a PS2 (when they first came out) for 300 bucks and the guy shipped him the box only. The so he called eBay to complain about the shipper and eBay got back to him a couple days later saying they couldn't do anything about it because the shipper described it just right to sound like a PS2 but if you read it very carefully it was only the box. and yeah. basically he ended up paying 300 bucks for a box.

wow.. that better be one good box lol.

and i was thinking the peavey 6505 came out not even 3 years ago so what problems could the amp possibly have? unless like left out in rain or dropped
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
I bought my 5150, and my cab from ebay, admitidly it was from the same guy and he dropped it off himself but still, ebay rules.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I bought my p-bass from eBay, it came from America. They had to send two as the first one was 'lost' in transit. Lucky the company's insurance paid for it (it was an eBay shop). If you're ordering from abroad, be aware of import fees.
im looking at buying a Laney V30 from ebay, but im worried that the tubes will break during delivery or something, any thoughts?
well even if they do just replace then. they are probably old if the guy is selling them.. like he wouldn't put brand new tubes in it
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
I bought my Marshall MG30RCD combo off of eBay about 4 years ago, and it worked just fine, and I'm considering getting my next 7-string off of there, since most of the ones I want are discontinued.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
ive been using ebay for a long time and no problems. Make sure he doesnt have 0 feedback though
Quote by crystalh

That reminds me of that guy who put an xbox 360 on ebay but what he was really selling was artifacts to go back in time and buy one. The buyer got really pissed but it was all explained, people just bid like crazy on it cause it had xbox 360 in the title.

As for eBay, it's pretty trustworthy. I got my Jackson Randy Rhoads and Ibanez RG505 off eBay and both are great
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
ive bought:
my amp
a wah
a delay pedal
a load of comics and graphic novels
a couple of pairs of shoes from ebay

no bad experience so far. just make sure that the seller has good beedback and ask a lot of questions beforehand.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp