So im looking to get a new amp, and this thread is generally to find out what exactly is is that makes the line 6 spider series so 'terrible'.
I have played the spider 3 a few times and admittedly, on higher volumes there is the feedback problem and thinning of sound that you would expect with most solid state amps. For tone however and versatility i thought they were generally pretty good amps.

Today i tried out the new spider valve and i just thought it was excellent. All the tones and features were there, but being a valve amp it sounded so much warmer and the louder i cranked it the better it sounded.
In my personal opinion the spider valve was far better than the peavey valveking i tried also earlier today.

So really im very interested to know what exactly it is about the spiders that people dont like, but detailed oppinions, not just comments like " spiders are **** " .

I would really appreciate your oppinions
Ibanez iceman ICT-700 white
Schecter C1 Classic (Amber)
Schecter C1 Classic (tobacco burst)

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
not again...

search button = your friend.

nobody really knows about the spider valve on this site, but there's at least 9999999999 threads about the solid state amps.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Oct 8, 2007,
i have a line 6 spider amp and i find it to be too technological, i enjoy all of the sounds that come on it, but now thinking back i wish i hadn't gotten it so i could create my own sound instead of using somebody else's.
spider = crap

there should be a sticky about this

about the spider valve, you don´t want it...seen how much that thing costs? you can get really good all valve amps for that price. the day your ear develop so that you can hear good tone/bad tone youll know what im talking about!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Last edited by Ferrarone at Oct 8, 2007,
It's bad because it's an average solid state.
Edit: i haven't tried their valve amp, don't plan on it either.
If it's like a valve version of the spider it won't be that good, at all.
but then again, to each his own
Last edited by that1l)ude at Oct 8, 2007,
Quote by chrisappleyard

Today i tried out the new spider valve and i just thought it was excellent. All the tones and features were there, but being a valve amp it sounded so much warmer and the louder i cranked it the better it sounded.
In my personal opinion the spider valve was far better than the peavey valveking i tried also earlier today.

I'm glad someone else likes the Line6-Bogner Amp out there.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I'm glad someone else likes the Line6-Bogner Amp out there.

you just made me look it up.
Might not be as bad as the spider if Bogner did really help make it.
Quote by HUNYeti
i want Roland Cube Valve!

If Roland ever makes a tube product I will eat my hate. Seriously As fro the Spider IIIs, the lower end ones are crap IMO. They sound fake and miserable, but hey they are an improvement over the IIs. The nicer ones with the artist presets aren't bad if you're willing to sit and play with them for awhile, and they do make good practice amps.
Quote by that1l)ude
you just made me look it up.
Might not be as bad as the spider if Bogner did really help make it.

It really is a nice amp, great all around, only thing it really lacked in was trying to sound like the spider-II bees in a box sound and super heavy death-gore metal haha.

I recommend everyone try it before this take this piss out of it!
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do