Its driving me insane, its like white noise comming out of the amp, and it goes up if i turn gain or some thing up.

This is all from a Spuire fender starter pack btw

If some one could tell me how to sort it out, I WILL GIVE YOU MONEY its realy driving me mad:P
i'm confused, white noise or buzzing? white noise isn't really a buzzing sound...

either way its probably the pickups, i'm assuming it has single coils, which just pick up a lot of noise which is amplified more if you turn the gain up too high. a way to decrease the noise is have less other electrical equipment switched on.

for confirmation, does it stop when you flick the switch into the 2nd or 4th positions on the pickup selector (if its a strat)
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Oct 8, 2007,
first off it's a natural thing the more gain and volume you have the more noise ur amp is gonna make, it happens to everyone. second, the single coil pickups in ur guitar (i'm assuming that it has single coils) make a lot more noise than say the humbuckers in a les paul. Solution: buy a noise gate or noise supressor, MXR makes them and so does BOSS and a lot of other companies...where's my money?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
I like my gain up but the thing that seems to have the most effect on the volume of the white noise is the drive volume
i have the same thing ...n the same prob ....
one thing dont get the california fender cables ...and also the cable tht comea with the pack SUX ......
try to get a good quality cable ...which say noise reduction.....written on it .....
i knw it might not sound proper to some ppl ...
but i had the same prob with the same pack .......n i stumbled across these good not so "branded"cables.. n the hum reduced to quite low ....although not completely but hey it did give me quite a piece of mind ....
yeah a noise gate would take care of that. i cant play my guitar with the sound I want without one. if you think of dimebag darrells tone. with out a noise gate all you'd hear is hissing and feedback during their live shows at parts where the guitar stops.
Quote by psychokiller99
first off it's a natural thing the more gain and volume you have the more noise ur amp is gonna make, it happens to everyone. second, the single coil pickups in ur guitar (i'm assuming that it has single coils) make a lot more noise than say the humbuckers in a les paul. Solution: buy a noise gate or noise supressor, MXR makes them and so does BOSS and a lot of other companies...where's my money?

THANK YOU! you'll get a cheque in the post