my effects are Dunlop 535Q Cry baby, And a boss Ds-1.
they dont seem to be working!
i plug them in together, it goes Guitar>wah>Boss>amp.
no sound comes out!
i check ALL the cables, again and again, their all fine!
I change the battery for the boss Ds-1(im plugged in without the wah) and the light comes on, but still no sound when in "on" mode, and in "bypass".****.shat.
i change the battery on the Dunlop 535Q(plugged without the Boss),and theres only a signal on the bypass mode(pedal is off) when i turn on the pedal, no sound is coming out, none, and when its on bypass mode you can here my guitar .****.

can someone help me? im taking it to an electronics store tomorow, and hopefully they will know what to do...im just asking here if anyone knows the cause of this ****y situation.

Help!
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

is ur cables going in the pedals in the right fashion? do u have ur cables plugged in all the way? do u have the cable from ur guitar going into the right side of ur wah? then from the left side of ur wah to the DS1's right side there should be a short cable. then from the DS1's left side, it should go to ur amp.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes ):
(i just double checked it)
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

I have a similiar setup except my CryBaby is a 95Q and my Boss is an OD-20. When I get this situation, it is usually because my AC adapter has pulled out from the wah just enough not to power it. Course, if you are on batteries, well, I am sure you checked them (??).

Hope this helps ya

Chris
it cant be the cables since ive used them before on the same pedals and ive checked them
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Well, your problems suggest to me that, in some way, power is not getting to either of your pedals. That's the only thing that could cause it, because the Boss has an electronic bypass and the Crybaby's got a switch which doesn't require power. Sounds like, with the Crybaby, you've got a problem with a wire on the input jack or the battery snap isn't clipped in properly. Does the Boss have a power adapter?
If you have a multi-meter, you can check and make sure you are getting power from your wall-warts. Just make sure you set the meter to the correct voltage and AC/DC.

Bummer, I spazzed when this happened to me as I mentioned in my above post. Yea, it took me 5-10 minutes to find that the AC adapter was just pulled out a little bit. I went "WHEWWWW!" when I found the trouble.

Hope you get it fixed.

Chris
Did you change the batteries with fresh ones? If the voltage of the battery gets below a certain point, it will read good on a meter but will not power the pedal. Some pedals are battery eating fools so be warned that you will change them ALLOT!!

You can find wall-warts for $10 at Radio Shack or even WalMart

Chris
Quote by ECistheBest
boss pedals need 9.6v don't they?

Yep...my OD-20 came with a wall-wart and its 9.6v. I have a box full of wall-warts from my other hobby of R/C flying. That's what I used for my CryBaby, an old charger wall-wart for my transmitters .

Chris
Last edited by RCShadow at Oct 8, 2007,
This is stupid but try plugging your amp into a differant outlet, that's usually my problem when my pedals don't work
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
guys i used 9 volt batteries during my whole period of playing those damn boxes and they worked fine and the different outlet thing you said failed to work for me thanks for you help anyway man
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Take each pedal out of the chain and try them individually. Try the guitar straight into the amp to rule out guitar malfunction.
As a last ditch effort. Remove all the pedals to make sure your amp and guitar are good. Then add the pedals back one at a time to see where the failure point is.

Chris
Sorry uldhppi!! You must have posted at the same time...great minds think alike lol.

Chris
Damn! Just noticed that you have been playing a l-o-n-g time! I was three when you started.....I bet you have skillz!! I'll get there....I hope.

Chris
I am in Information Technology for a living....self-distruct is always an option.....especially after 25 years of it .

Chris
i had the same problem a while ago, use power supplies for all your pedals EXCEPT the Wah. put a battery in that then hook em back up. that solved the problem for me.
Sigs are too hard to think up