epiphone g310
or g400.

please dont suggest any other guitars,
but could someone who knows please tell me there opinion?
also,

could i cover the pickups on the g310 does anyone know?
G400 is better because its just a better guitar, but their are way better guitars for death metal
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
Quote by RATM62592
G400 is better because its just a better guitar, but their are way better guitars for death metal

x2
I agree with RATM, Go for the G400, but its still a dodgy choice for metal
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
neither can do Metal out of the box, but with some EMGs, the G-400 would be ur best bet.
Quote by qotsa1998
neither can do Metal out of the box, but with some EMGs, the G-400 would be ur best bet.
Really, really no.

SGs (even the cheaper Epi ones) can handle metal just fine as they are (I'm not syaing they're the best, but they're not awful either) - and no, you do not need EMGs. Granted, you do need to upgrade the pickups to something really if you want a truly good tone, but this mentality so many people seem to have that EMGs are the holy grail of metal pickups and they'll make any guitar sound good/better is just plain wrong. Same with the Dimebuckers too. For almost all guitars, there are more, better 'metal suitable' options than EMGs, if you'd just care to do your research.

As far as an SG goes, if you're playing mostly metal but want the option to use it for other genres too, something like a Seymour Duncan Distortion in the neck and an Invader in the Bridge would work well, or switch them the other way around if you fancied it a touch smoother. My personal inclination though would be something like a Gibson Burstbucker 2 in the neck and a Seymour Duncan JB Model in the bridge, get more flexibility out of the instrument.
No body needs EMGs, but why get something that isn't the best? ^.^

Anyways, the G-310 is a bolt-on, and doesn't come close to the G-400. I love my G-400, but I wouldn't particularily recommend it for death metal, alot of death metal tunes down enough the 24.75" scale might be too short. But, for hardcore punk, crust punk, grindcore and black metal, it's superb.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
No body needs EMGs, but why get something that isn't the best? ^.^

Exactly, so why get EMGs?
JB= for death metal. death metal pickups should be very very high output, so probably active ones. I'd go with EMG81/85, u can't get much "t3h brootalZZZ"-er than that for a pickup. so it'd be good for death metal but def not mid-gain stuff, and the 81/85s have aLOT of unwanted noise.
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...