Page 1 of 5
I've been a Vegetarian for 2+ years
and I was just wondering if anyone
else here is. If so, say what inspired
you to become one, how long you
have been one, etc.
Im a vegetarian, been one for about 7-9 years but im not gonna turn it into a who's abstained the longest contest
Vegetarians and vegans are two different things? Enlighten me, please
I'm a communist. Really.
There's a veggie group, suprisingly enough. I think it's under the name 'vegetarians'.

But yeah, I've been a vegetarian for basically all of my life and I've been a vegan for a month and a bit, it's going incredibly well and I'm very happy with it. I'm not sure why I wanted to be a vegan, I just realised that most of the things I ate that had animal products in them were really bad for me and I started wanting to throw up when I had to eat eggs.

Quote by Raziel2p

Vegans are a type of vegetarian.

Pescetarians don't eat meat, but they eat fish.

Vegetarians don't eat meat or fish.

Vegans don't eat or use any animal products.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Last edited by DigUpHerBones at Oct 8, 2007,
Quote by Raziel2p

Vegetarianism is more of a general thing, which means absolutly no Meat or Fish,
but you can still have animal products [ Milk, Eggs, Cheese, etc. ] Vegans are a little bit more hardcore, ie; No Meat No Fish No Animal Products, whatsover.
I eat vegan but still wear leather belts and such

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
My mother's a vegetarian simply because she doesn't like the feeling of meat in her mouth. No comments, please.

As for me I'm a fully fledged omnivore, the way nature intended.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I've been a veggie for over a year now. I was influenced to go veggie by Paul McCartney. Also because I wanted to experiment.

When I ate meat I was depressed and very angry all the time. Now I am very calm.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
My mother's a vegetarian simply because she doesn't like the feeling of meat in her mouth. No comments, please.

As for me I'm a fully fledged omnivore, the way nature intended.

Same thing with my Parents, I'm not a Vegan yet, but one day =]
Quote by Tyler Durden
I eat vegan but still wear leather belts and such

That's quite interesting actually.
Being vegetarian seems like a lot of work. Id be a carnivore before it.
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
IMHO you need to take supplements and plan your diet down to a tee if you go vegan.

Also, I think it can be anti-social, not intentionally.

If I was vegan it'd make life alot more difficult.

Ya see, I don't believe in doing it by halves.

Or something.

Either eat anything or go totally vegan.
^ Not really, some people are Vegan for different reasons, maybe he wants to be healthier, Some people are vegan because they love animals.
Quote by Jackolas
That's quite interesting actually.

No, just hypocritical.

'Oh, hey. Nah, I don't eat their flesh for nutrition but I'll wear their hide for fashion.'

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by JC13
^. @ Dinky.

Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell DO vegans eat? Like...absolutely nothing but vegetables?

There are vegan alternatives to basically everything.

You'd be suprised how much we can eat though. My diet hasn't changed that dramatically since I was a vegetarian.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by esp_krank_vht
^ Not really, some people are Vegan for different reasons, maybe he wants to be healthier, Some people are vegan because they love animals.

To be healthier as a vegan you have to really know what you are doing, it's a priority.
Quote by JC13
^. @ Dinky.

Excuse my ignorance, but what the hell DO vegans eat? Like...absolutely nothing but vegetables?

They eat like rabbits.
Quote by Jackolas
IMHO you need to take supplements and plan your diet down to a tee if you go vegan.

Also, I think it can be anti-social, not intentionally.

If I was vegan it'd make life alot more difficult.

Ya see, I don't believe in doing it by halves.

Or something.

Either eat anything or go totally vegan.

My doctor told me I should take supplements... but in all honesty, I don't need them. I stopped taking B vitamins because I had TOO MUCH energy. It's made me eat a much more balanced diet and a lot healthier.
Quote by JC13

I eat fruit, vegetables. It's not hard, if I go out to say Burger King with my friends, they have a Vegetarian menu [ Boca Burgers, Tofu Salads ]
Quote by DigUpHerBones
My doctor told me I should take supplements... but in all honesty, I don't need them. I stopped taking B vitamins because I had TOO MUCH energy. It's made me eat a much more balanced diet and a lot healthier.

Fair play mate.

Even though I am a "meat eater", I will go some weeks almost as a Vegetarian. I don't see a problem with a bit of red meat here and there, from a nutritional point of view. Love fish!
Quote by esp_krank_vht
I eat fruit, vegetables. It's not hard, if I go out to say Burger King with my friends, they have a Vegetarian menu [ Boca Burgers, Tofu Salads ]

I myself am not a vegetarian for healthy purposes, but many of my best friends are vegetarians, one has been a vegetarian for 7 years, another for 5 years, another just started last year. They live healthy as well, but sometimes its hard to find places to eat with them... But once you know the places to go, and where to shop, its delicious (i must admit, falafel burgers are amazing.)
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
I couldn't ever go vegetarian, i just love animal meat so much... I am confused on why people go vegetarian infact.
Quote by JC13
Ahh, I was just about to ask what exactly you'd do if you and your friends went to some fast food places.. Pretty interesting.

btw: Is there a special word for someone who eats everything, EXCEPT fish.. Like, nothing to do with fish whatsoever.. Never have, never will..

There's alot of alternatives everywhere you look, As for the fish part, I honestly don't know.
Quote by Jackolas
Fair play mate.

Even though I am a "meat eater", I will go some weeks almost as a Vegetarian. I don't see a problem with a bit of red meat here and there, from a nutritional point of view. Love fish!

Yeah. I think the main reason I'm happy with being a vegan is because I was brought up as a vegetarian. Eating meat seemed odd to me and I never got used to the texture.

If I'd been brought up with it I'd have had a completely different view.
Quote by kidsilcon
I couldn't ever go vegetarian, i just love animal meat so much... I am confused on why people go vegetarian infact.

Try searching "Meet your Meat" on youtube.
yeah man, i just cant give up those juicy steaks sometimes... although many of the vegetarians food is delicious.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by esp_krank_vht
Vegetarianism is more of a general thing, which means absolutly no Meat or Fish,
but you can still have animal products [ Milk, Eggs, Cheese, etc. ] Vegans are a little bit more hardcore, ie; No Meat No Fish No Animal Products, whatsover.
can someone please explain to me why fish isn't considered meat? why is it necessary to say "no meat or fish?"

Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by esp_krank_vht

Meh, veggie propaganda... Makes me feel awful, in general, even if I was the biggest vegan ever.

I will admit I think about that sort of thing every now and then. (I haven't watched the video, but I know what goes down).
cuz meat lives on the land, fishes lives in the sea? Different consistency and it tastes totally different, whereas pork, and some types of beef and chicken can taste oddly similar...
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by RageAgainst...
can someone please explain to me why fish isn't considered meat? why is it necessary to say "no meat or fish?"

Sounds shallow to me... If from a sort of "save the animals.. but only the cute mammals" point of view.

Unless they don't like red meat for it's taste/texture yet like fish.
Quote by RageAgainst...

I honestly don't know, but obviously there's a reason if there's a Seafood section and Meat section in the Grocery Store.
most fish dont have nervous systems as well, so don't feel pain when they are killed.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by misfitsdisciple
most fish dont have nervous systems as well, so don't feel pain when they are killed.

But you're still ending an animal's life just to feed yourself, when you have plenty of other options available. How selfish.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by misfitsdisciple

Interesting.
i was for a week
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by esp_krank_vht

You think i don't know how a chicken burger is made, of course i do and some snobby vegetarians' comment isn't going to change my mind.

I have saw a number of videos of animals being slaughtered for food and i feel no guilt because that's what people do and they always have like every other animal. I don't know if you were thinking that you would change my mind on the basis of a video you found.

NOTE. I'm not saying all vegetarians are snobby.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
But you're still ending an animal's life just to feed yourself, when you have plenty of other options available. How selfish.

Exactly, no one should make a living, Killing.
Quote by kidsilcon
You think i don't know how a chicken burger is made, of course i do and some snobby vegetarians' comment isn't going to change my mind.

I have saw a number of videos of animals being slaughtered for food and i feel no guilt because that's what people do and they always have like every other animal. I don't know if you were thinking that you would change my mind on the basis of a video you found.

NOTE. I'm not saying all vegetarians are snobby.

I never said I wanted to change your mind about, honestly It's not my life to choose from. Someone said why they were a Vegan, so I said Why I was.
Page 1 of 5