I need a good portable sound recorder or some sort of quality recording device to take to concerts.

first of all im not gonna bootleg and sell them.. i may give them for free so im not making a quick buck off the bands, but really i just want it for myself, so i can enjoy the concerts again later

i need some sort of recording device that can withstand very loud noise.. like if im in the pit.. how would i record the concert

please give suggestions on this.. whether its equipment or technique suggestion
i dont think ive ever herd of neone going in a pit with a recording device either that or u just want it to get broken
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
yeah good luck getting into the pit in the first place

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
like the floor area, its not as br00tal as people make it seem.. im not gonna be where all the murderizing is.. but usualy if u stand off to the side or are at the railing.. nothing happens
If you have an Ipod they make a recording attachment for it. I don't know how it will sound for a large concert but for local shows it works out pretty well but you can't be moshing around with it.
the moshing wont be a problem, i just need something that can record the sound good, i have no problems with editing the sound later on a little.. and maybe i should muffle it somehow?
This is a recording device and should be in the recording form...

anyways i suggest the Zoom H4 because it will pick up loads of different sounds without much problem. The mics are condenser though so battery wont last too long and you cant toss it around or expose it to extreme loud sounds.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMH4

you can also look into a cheap mic and Boss Micro BR

these little recorders work great for what you are looking to do but they are also high in price because making compact recorders is though.
i need something that can withstand VERY loud noises.. im not always gonna be in the pit of a concert, but for ozzy/zombie i am, and for club gigs too
well theyre are such things called field recorders look them up on musciansfriend the prices range from 100-1200 and u can record concerts with them and i hear the more expensive ones can work really good with loud noises
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
theres a really really expensive sony one that is a X Y recorder and its just amazing it sounds like a cd but live pretty much even if you stick it up to a bass amp it re calibrates but its like REALLY expensive
try looking into the newest zoom H2:

http://www.portlandmusiccompany.com/h2.html
(mp3 tracks at the right of the video screen)
less price and better features/recording quality IMO

I'm not sure how well it will handle loud sounds but i don't think this unit will have a problem...
I would say give it a try and if you dont like it you can always sell it on ebay or return it to the store...

Have a listen to the guitar track recording...that just shows how well the two mics work on this unit. Also its extremely hard to record a drumset with such a small unit being as its almost like having one mic which is hard to balance all the sounds but they managed to get this zoom working great even for drum recording.

I dont plan on getting one but I must say, I like this little unit.
You're reduced to a choice between: sitting at the side of the mosh and listening without jumping around, recording; or risking expensive equipment in the mosh and getting crap sound quality from all the phuckwits screaming and your equipment bumping around. Don't bother dude.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

Quote by the dave
yeah man I put my hand up their skirt and pick em up like a six pack

Quote by Death_switch
mr bill0ws is right