So im getting a new amp sometime and wanted you guys help on choosing the right one i need it for gigging and stuff so im thinking between 50W-100W. My guitars are:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard and Fender Telecaster Standard. Thanks for the help in advance.

P.S. I dont have much money so can only spend around £400
You Are More Likely To Be Devoured Than Empowered By Your Own Sense Of Romance
well what are your music tastes, what are you leaning toward? who do you like listening to?
i'd say go with one of the 5 watt tube amps on the market theyre all under 400 at leat in the states
Bands Like Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, The Libertines UK alt stuff thats the sound im looking for
You Are More Likely To Be Devoured Than Empowered By Your Own Sense Of Romance
Quote by deanguy
i'd say go with one of the 5 watt tube amps on the market theyre all under 400 at leat in the states

I'm sure you mean 50, not 5.
Quote by PiecesOfRainbow
Bands Like Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, The Libertines UK alt stuff thats the sound im looking for

Peavey Classic 30 would do all of those, also look into Laney LC30 and VC30.

Peavey Classic 30-
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-classic-30/446

Laney VC30-
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vc30-112/380
there is also a 1x10, 2x12, and 2x20 versions of that amp.

Laney LC30-
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/lc-30-ii/382
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Last edited by _KurtCobain_77 at Oct 8, 2007,
Quote by PiecesOfRainbow

laney vc15 or 30... most likely the 30, as you'll probably use a lot of cleans for that type of music.

the lc30 is probably worth a try too; however, the overdrive on the vc30 would be nicer for that type of music IMO.

i guess you might as well try a peavey classic 30 too, but if you ask me the laney vc30 is nicer, and about £70 cheaper to boot. Ditto the Fender Blues Junior.

you can get the laney vc30 for £300 on gak... footswitch is like another £15 or something like that. You'd have enough for a pedal or pickup swap too if you go with it, basically (while you won't with the classic 30).

Obviously try them all yourself, though, in case you disagree.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?