I don't have an electric guitar so the solo tab on this site is extremely difficult for me. I have searched all over the internet for an acoustic solo tab for stairway to heaven but can't find it. Does anyone here have a link to one? Thanks!
well it would have to be the same as the electric one if you wanted it to sound the same. full bends are real hard on acoustics so try changing the bends to slides. also the real fast passages try just playing some of the notes if you can't play all of them, jsut keep it in time.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
Most electric guitar solos are going to be hard on an acoustic, especially if they ever go above the 12th fret (above the 14th and your really stuffed) Also as said bends are harder, especially quick oens like in a lot of solos. If your looking for solos to play on acoustic, well then play some acoustic solos, if your wanting to play electric solos... it might be time to buy an electric.
Quote by johnos
Most electric guitar solos are going to be hard on an acoustic, especially if they ever go above the 12th fret (above the 14th and your really stuffed) Also as said bends are harder, especially quick oens like in a lot of solos. If your looking for solos to play on acoustic, well then play some acoustic solos, if your wanting to play electric solos... it might be time to buy an electric.

I hear ya...however, I am a broke college student for the moment so I can't buy an electric anytime soon. I have always wanted to learn how to play that solo and I assumed an alternate acoustic version must be out there somewhere. Anyways, thanks for the responses!
Yeah not sure if theyre are, well theyre probably are, but i'd suggest it they would have been done by smaller artists (the oens that play at pubs and stuff and do covers like that) It would be cool if you could make on up based on the original solo for acoustic on the lower frets.

But in the meantime find some cool acoustic solos and riffs and stuff till you get an electric
well you can play the stairway solo on an acoustic guitar, you've just gotta be pretty damn good. most acoustic guitars have 20 frets and that's all that the stairway solo requires. i think there might be some bends to higher notes, but honestly you could leave them out and only a guitar dick would notice, much less say anything. if you really want to play the stairway solo on acoustic, practice and practice and practice and practice and you can definitely do it... though i must admit that i wouldn't really recommend bothering with it unless you've been playing for at least 3 years. if you want some easier and still awesome solos to play on your acoustic... check out:

nothing else matters - metallica
wish you were here - pink floyd
babe i'm gonna leave you - led zeppelin
what i got - sublime
layla (unplugged) - eric clapton
amie - pure prairie league
all together now - the beatles

and then of course there are TONS of electric solos that are just as easily played on acoustic, for example:

tomorrow - silverchair
another brick in the wall - pink floyd