Page 1 of 4
Since Halloween is coming up, my girlfriend and I are going to rent some scary movies to watch over some candy and pizza.

I want to get some movies that are extremely scary, so scary you want to turn them off. Not really gruesome like Hostel was or Saw, because those aren't really scary, they are just gorefests and that doesn't really scare me.

I want something that we can watch with the lights off in the dark, that gives you the creepy "someone's watching me" feeling, and that keeps you up wide awake at night because you are so scared.

Something that makes it hard to walk to your bedroom after watching it.

start making a list, I am sure many people will benefit from your movie suggestions this halloween.
High as tits
Screw movies, play bioshock or system shock 2.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
You could rent the original Halloween :P j/k

1408 if it's out, most Stephen King movies (ie: Pet Sematary)
The Blair Witch Progect. Shat my pants for 2 weeks straight. It's also a psycological thriller, not a gruesome, grisly, stupid horror movie.
Quote by StoopidRudeboy
Ohhhhh, you still ruined it for me now...... never mind. Your cool ill let it go.

Hmm...

closest thing I ever got to a compliment
Quote by Kensai
Screw movies, play bioshock or system shock 2.
better yet, F.E.A.R.

that game was freaky, but awesome
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
i like the original texas chainsaws, personally out of all the lineups, i found michael myers the scariest but meh
Dude, just get IT, its a stephen king movie and its 3 hours long, its scary as ****
But Dad, Nick Cannon is hilarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrious
How was F.E.A.R. scary? You walk around and shoot people and get visited sporadically by a little girl. Sounds like an average day to me.

It had a great storyline though, but the gameplay was a bit monotonous. I have played the game plus the expansion through, though
my dad knows i love scary movies and told me about some underground movie he rented about 10 years ago and the movie was old then. he said it was like actual film, not hollywood stuff, and it was like ultra violent and just disgusting he said. he wouldnt tell me the name cuz he doesnt want me watching it. anyone have any idea what it is? cuz that just made me want to see it even more also the faces of death are actually funny lol
The Grudge is pretty scary. And The Ring. maybe Texas Chainsaw or something old school like the original Halloween. Even tho thats kinda funny compared to stuff now. The Shining is one of the creepiest, strangest movies i have ever seen. Watching a guy go crazy and then try to kill his family is scarier than you might think. And Blair Witch Project, even tho i havent seen that one.
Last edited by qotsa1998 at Oct 8, 2007,
the shining is the scariest movie i have ever seen. A lot of people would disagree though because they dont get it. its a big mental thing that really freaks you out. Alien is pretty good too
:stickpoke thats pretty much it
the original texas chainsaw massacre scared the **** out of me when i first saw it.
Quote by SWiB
The Blair Witch Progect. Shat my pants for 2 weeks straight. It's also a psycological thriller, not a gruesome, grisly, stupid horror movie.

Holy ****! i saw that when i was 12, it messed with me for like 2 weeks.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by minibrowny
The britney spears crossroads was pretty terrifying.

so very true
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
Quote by edthesped23
my dad knows i love scary movies and told me about some underground movie he rented about 10 years ago and the movie was old then. he said it was like actual film, not hollywood stuff, and it was like ultra violent and just disgusting he said. he wouldnt tell me the name cuz he doesnt want me watching it. anyone have any idea what it is? cuz that just made me want to see it even more also the faces of death are actually funny lol

Probably Cannibal Holocaust.
urban legends
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Night of the Living Dead
28 Days Later
Scream
Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th
Halloween
It

Those are some easy ones that come to mind. Out of those, I'd go with It, Halloween, and Night of the Living Dead. That's just me. This list seems a bit generic but my brain is not working right now.
Ghostbusters 2. You probably think I'm joking but Vigo the Carpathian is one scary motherf*cker

Imagine that painting in your room when you're trying to get to sleep
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!
The Exorcist

Classic, and it still creeps me out to this day.
There were never any good old days/They are today, they are tomorrow/It's a stupid thing we say/Cursing tomorrow with sorrow
the ORIGINAL Nightmare on Elmstreet has some really twisted stuff in it, i love it b/c it can still freak you out. really its good ****, just dont waste too much time on the sequels unless ur big on the first one!!! i am!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by DressingCold
i'm all for System Shock 2.

Alternatively you can play Far Cry, it will scare your pants off.

Unless you're used to being jumped by mutated monkeys, that is.
i havent seen it but i heard the amitiyville horror is pretty scary
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
I was also searching for some good scary movies this week, but i didnt found much. Just too bad there are no REALLY SCARY movies..
but i'll suggest to you to watch:
The Shining
THE EXORCIST (its pretty old..)
and some movie about a little japanese evil child with white face( i dont remember name of the movie )
Those were pretty good movies..
srry for the double post but i forgot the Hannibal movies like Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs.
Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds (or something like that I believe)
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by TripleN666
I was also searching for some good scary movies this week, but i didnt found much. Just too bad there are no REALLY SCARY movies..
but i'll suggest to you to watch:
The Shining
THE EXORCIST (its pretty old..)
and some movie about a little japanese evil child with white face( i dont remember name of the movie )
Those were pretty good movies..

The Japanese kid movie is the Grudge(i think)
Audition
Perfect Blue messed with my head for a good long time, but it's more psychologically disturbing than scary. Actually the same could probably be said about Audition.... "scary" films don't do anything for me.
Oh try watching Suspiria with the sound up really loud aswell. That'll mess you up. Awesome film.
I found SAW was some pretty freaky **** and it had a cool twist, so watch it. I don't see why not.

I found the old Amityville Horror scared me alot when I watched it when I was a kid.

Alien wasn't too scary but I like thriller/horror sci-fi movies. (sigourney weaver is tasty too.)

The Exorcist and The Ring disturbed me for a while and gave me bad dreams where I woke up and put my hand in boiling water giving me temporary burns.

Dead Man's Shoes and The Shining are good too.

Anything with Hannibal Lecter are also decent movies.

I like talking about movies
The Nightmare
Audition
The Ring

Those freaked me out....especially The Nightmare. Good luck finding a copy of The Nightmare though, it has been discontinued forever, too scary.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Audition

I gotta second that one. Takashi Miike is a genius. He also has Ichi, the Killer and Imprint which are both right up there with Audition
If you plan on going camping, The Blair Witch Project.
My friend's sister pulled a really mean trick on my friend. They stayed up to watch the Blair Witch project and slept in a tent in the garden that night. Her sister threw rocks at the tent from her window so when they came out of the tent in the morning...

I really don't see whats so scary about The Ring, The Ring 2 is hilarious...

But the japanese original Ring is pretty freaky...
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by walidb123
Dead Man's Shoes

Fantastic film, wouldn't have said it was scary though bud. The only film that's made me cry more is Requiem for a Dream which left me a complete wreck after the first viewing My girlfriend was even worse,lol. NOT HAPPY!

Oh, I found Straw Dogs very creepy/amazing aswell. No monsters or anything, just your regular country folk! I suppose living out here in the country doesn't help much.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Fantastic film, wouldn't have said it was scary though bud. The only film that's made me cry more is Requiem for a Dream which left me a complete wreck after the first viewing My girlfriend was even worse,lol. NOT HAPPY!

Oh, I found Straw Dogs very creepy/amazing aswell. No monsters or anything, just your regular country folk! I suppose living out here in the country doesn't help much.

film and a half.

TS, try Audition or Oldboy.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
film and a half.

TS, try Audition or Oldboy.

^Beat you to that one. Need to check out Oldboy, I had that and Visitor Q in my hand but when I got to the HMV till I realised I didn't have any money on me. Hilarity ensued!.... Ichi the killer is great but too cartoony/OTT in it's violence to really be called scary. Kakihara is amazing though.
Page 1 of 4