Hey guys. I was planning on buying this thing, and I was wondering if any of you have any inputs on it or anything like that. I know that it has only a volume thing for it, so i was wondering what would happen if i connected it to my VOX AD50VT. Would i get a distorted sound when I plug it into the VOX, or just a clean and a dirty sound? I hear it's a tube amp, so that it what got my attention.

I know nothing about preamps either... so, if anybody can explain how they work, that would be great.

Here is the head:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Tube-Amplifier-Head?sku=482069

Is it better to get this one instead? It's the combo:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480260

EDIT: What the hell are OHMS? The head has 4, 8, and a 16. Which one does the VOX go into, if it an go into it.
I HAVE A BAND NAMED FALLING CONFESSIONS
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

"When there's a freakin' will, there is always a freakin' way!"
Last edited by Prodigy999 at Oct 8, 2007,
i have that second one it came with my les paul and i really didn't like it it doesn't really distort at all. i think you can like mod it or something t omake it better, but i dont know anything about that.
also you spelled pwn wrong
it's not a preamp, it's an amp... and it does distort, you have to turn it up.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVVKINGROYAL8

i that link worked, check it out.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by Dave_Mc
it's not a preamp, it's an amp... and it does distort, you have to turn it up.

well it doesnt distort enough then.
^Not for metal-esque material, but it is a tube amp. Which allows it natural tube break point, or in other words the sweetest overdrive there is, en naturale.
the Ohms, someone will explain better what they are, but that is the amount of power coming from your amp, 8 is for most speakers I see... dont plug an amp in there, your have to go into the input of the head.

Id go with the head and buy the VJ cabinet, or build your own if you can make a good one...

you dont need to use your AD for distortion, the Valve Jr. turned up has pretty good sounding distortion... but I would stick with the AD and save for a Blues Jr, more control and IMO a lot better sound.
Quote by The_Crumpet
well it doesnt distort enough then.

yeah, that's fair enough.

Quote by livingontheedge
the tone...
the price...
some people like simplicity

+1

also the fact it naturally distorts at not-too-high volumes.
the price is the main one, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Also, if you were to get one and plug it into your Vox's input you'd blow something up.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Also, if you were to get one and plug it into your Vox's input you'd blow something up.

Blow something up?
I HAVE A BAND NAMED FALLING CONFESSIONS
AND I PLAY LEAD GUITAR
AND I P0WN!!!

"When there's a freakin' will, there is always a freakin' way!"
Quote by Prodigy999
Blow something up?
Yup, you can't be plugging power amps into instrument inputs. The voltage is way too high. If you hear anything it will definitely be distorted until something fries.