ok

i got a line 6 spider III 15w. somebody told me they suck... y do they suck?
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
They don't really suck they're just better options for the money. As a practice amp it will suit you fine because you won't be cranking it. They do have a very digital sound to them, but because you purchased the 15w version,I'm going to assume by the time you notice it you'll probably be ready to move on to a new amp anyway...
and what about pedals. what SHOULD i get ?

100-200 bucks max
Quote by bambi_slaughter

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
If you have $200 for pedals, I would return the spider (assuming you just bought) and spend that money on a nicer amp...
well i did just get the line 6, but id rather have a cheap amp, something that i can blast the crap out of a basement, and get myself a pedal board then get a better amp and no pedal board.
Quote by bambi_slaughter

Quote by maroon5mustdie

Quote by operation ktulu
Pedals don't really work that well with modellers so you're kind of out of luck there...and I'd take a better amp over a crap amp with some pedals any day. Pedals can do a lot, but they can't stop an amp from being crap.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Solution:

1) Return the Spider
2) Buy this: http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_epiphone_valve_junior_combo_amp?full_sku=480260
3) Spend the difference on the pedals that you wanted.
4) Thank the UG community when you realize that you have a pretty decent rig.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
ew.... im spending less on pedals then,
Quote by bambi_slaughter

Quote by maroon5mustdie

Quote by operation ktulu
but your amp will sound a **** load better.

Trust me, take back the line 6.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by MetallicSoul92

Dude, the valve junior is tha ****. Its louder than your spyder, but people wont think ur as 'cool', but you will sounds 50x better
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Having a Spider is not fatal. If you just started playing you can learn a little about effects, and you didn't spend all that much (about $100.) You can however be ahead of the game if you get a tube combo and some good old analog pedals. If you like the Spider you really can't get much more for that money, however a Peavey Transtube Backstage (solid state) for $60 which will have a lot better basic sound and have a little left for a pedal of your choice. It sounds a lot closer to a tube amp. Whatever you do just live and learn. Its not like this will be the only amp you will ever have.
well i did just get the line 6, but id rather have a cheap amp, something that i can blast the crap out of a basement, and get myself a pedal board then get a better amp and no pedal board.

You dont need pedals.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by GuitarNinja12
You dont need pedals.

That summed up pretty much everyone's comments into one thing.
I like the valve junior idea. Thats a great little amp.

Dont make the same mistake I did. I know it seems really cool right now with all it's lights and crazy-coolio sounds, but soon enough you'll realize that it really doesn't sound very nice and that there are better ways to get better sounds.

YOU DON'T NEED PEDALS!!!
not having effects will leave your crappy playing (asssuming you just started playing) out for everyone to hear
so you will get better faster
get the VJ
trust all of us
please
aaa!! your an idiot oooo what a stupid question aaa god!

kidding only but thats what everyone told me when i asked this question.
well there are some songs that i play that needs easy access to a distortion pedal, but i cant hit the "Insane" Setting too fast. so i was just needing that, but then i also need Chorus and Flanger so i can do the beginning solo to one of the songs.
Quote by bambi_slaughter

Quote by maroon5mustdie

Quote by operation ktulu
So you're going to waste pedals? You don't "need" a flanger or chorus pedal...if you want to change settings then buy the Line 6 footswitch.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
or alternatively to all this advise ,,, just get off this forum and play man!!! lol
If you've only just started this is a time to be learning to play your guitar cause knowing the best equipment to have means nothing if you cant play it :p

just stick to the line 6 for now and when you feel the need to move on to a better amp thats when you do it :p
You got the 15 watt? That's fine with me. I use one for practice. cheap and fun to mess around. I don't care that much for tone in practice though.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra