Cowboyup
Sinan
Irish Joe
Stash Jam
marmoseti
kyrreca
branny
Fongie

Thanks to edg for the backing track, and to all who took part for their hard work and nice guitar playing

This thread is for discussion/feedback on the jam as the whole and individual solos. Have fun listening!
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
not bad, but the ninjam jams are unreal!
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
Listening to it right now, lots of good stuff going on. Sorry for the fade out on my recording, marmoseti, I forgot that you were gonna mix them together. :p

Good work everybody!
Well, Bravo.

That is how you do the first UG Jam. Good job everyone.
epic7734
ahah that was very nice
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Awesome job guys, and its like 18 minutes long Impressive.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
that makes good listening, lots of different tones and techniques.

I'm actually quietly proud to be involved (which is rare being a harsh slef critic )

so come on, who used Bb Major?

and who was more adventurous?

i know i know... i should be able to tell by ear
Just listening to this now, and I've got to say one thing I've really enjoyed listening to is the varying levels of experience thoughout the 18 minutes. I've seen too many videos on youtube and the like where people are so good that you actually feel discouraged with your own playing.

I may submit something for the next jam
They'll be monthly, so keep your eyes open for the next track
Quote by VR2005

I like. I may join the next one, assuming I can get over my massive amounts of suck. Very well done, everyone that participated; I applaud you.
Studies show that 89.27% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Quote by branny1982
so has everybody decided to keep their scales top secret?

I used Bb major only for my solo.
I played Bb major I hit a few accidentals to get that exotic sound that I like.
Last edited by CowboyUp at Oct 10, 2007,
I used mainly Bb major though I did use C aeolian a few times over the ii, not dorian What a rebel.

EDIT: Hopefully other bassists next time.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
Last edited by sinan90 at Oct 10, 2007,
In another day or two I'll put up some example tracks. What I'm thinking of so far:

1) ii-7b5 - V7 - i-7 The typical minor jazz progress (and for you harmonic minor fans)
2) Machine Gun -- main bass line and some chords
3) G - F two chord vamp a la Greatful Dead
4) A Phrigian metal kind of thing -- just like 3 or 4 chords.
Sounds great to me, I'd love to have a go at a metal type of thing, becasue I never play metal. I'd just love to see what would happen.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.
A rockier/more metallic one would be great, it would contrast nicely with this one which was very laid back. Thanks so much edg for doing tracks, it is much appreciated
Quote by VR2005

This was awesome, tis very fun to listen to all the different UGer's styles. Must make more!
Quote by edg
In another day or two I'll put up some example tracks. What I'm thinking of so far:

1) ii-7b5 - V7 - i-7 The typical minor jazz progress (and for you harmonic minor fans)
2) Machine Gun -- main bass line and some chords
3) G - F two chord vamp a la Greatful Dead

Nice, I'd be down for any of those...I'm with sinan on the metal too, I never play it either so it would be interesting to see how that turns out
i'd be up for doing a blues one, just for the fact that it is a simple progression, i'd like to see how everyone's take on it is.

either standard blues,

or something like stormy monday would be good.

that has some changes that are outside the blues norm but still stick to the blues feel.

i can supply a back track if needed.
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
I'd be up for something less bluesy as well. I have a hard time breaking out and tend to feel really subdued when I play blues.
Quote by CowboyUp
I'd be up for something less bluesy as well. I have a hard time breaking out and tend to feel really subdued when I play blues.

thats a good thing for these types of things. since you have less notes to work with, it forces you to work harder. sometimes thats the best practice and lesson.

i'd really like to have stormy monday as the backing track for the next jam, only because i am really interested in how everyone approaches it. and i feel it is a perfect lesson for people.

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
edg check your messages

I'd be up for something blusier too, we'll probably do both metally and bluesy tracks in the future, so we can do either next. I'm looking forward to it already
Quote by VR2005

Go, go, go!
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Oh by the way I used Bb major throughout my solo apart from one run which used lots of different scales (lydian dominant, lydian, some other stuff). That was just to create tension though
Quote by VR2005

I'm downloading it and gonna listen in a bit, but i'm sure it's gonna be nice. Hmm...I need to look up the original topic and see exactly how it happened. I might join in on the next one.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.
All 18 minutes was awesome. Great job guys.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
guys this is awesome, i want to be a part of the next one. LET ME KNOW

good sh!t boys (and girls?)
Tool kicks ass
Last edited by Arkane at Oct 12, 2007,
Man...not alot of people got in on the first one, and it was 18 minutes...imagine that next.
~ Gear ~
Epiphone Les Paul
Crate GX-80
Quote by Guitarist132
Finish the quote

"This is _______"
Quote by Aqua Dementia
SPAAAAAAAARRRRTTTAAA! No?
Quote by Guitarist132
Incorrect, the correct answer was papua new guinea

Quote by Aqua Dementia
Whoa, I'm in your sig.