As the title says, I'm looking to upgrade my beginners rig. I've got a thread going in the accessories forum dedicated to my amp decision, but I also need some help deciding on a good guitar for me. Here's basically what I'm looking for...

Two Humbuckers (possibly EMGs, but I don't know too much about them...)
24 Frets (not too big a deal)
Non - locking bridge (I like to change my tuning a lot)

As far as sound goes, I'm looking for something that can put out distorted tones similar like Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, Sum 41 (they're edgier stuff, like Chuck), and some Guns N' Roses. Also, as a side not, some cleans like Pink Floyd, Eagles, and Foo Fighters (I LOVE the clean part in the Pretender).

Budget: around $500 - $700. I can possibly move some over from my amp fund, but I'd prefer to keep it somewhere in that range

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'd like to know if the EMGs would work for this style of music.
Quote by J.A.M
On a previous occasion, a middle aged black african man proceeded to remove my betrothed bicycle from my possession.

Quote by silent caution
sex with a pregnant woman? isnt that like putting gas in car you already wrecked?
Schecters are nice. ESP Ltd are said to be nice but i've never played one.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
ibanez IC400
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
Quote by Colgate Total
Looking at your avatar, why not a used Epi Toni Iommi SG?

well, um, my avatars actually a ESP Viper. And if thats not what you meant then, I don't want one because my friend has one, and it just doesn't seem to fit my style all that well, I don't really know why...
Quote by J.A.M
On a previous occasion, a middle aged black african man proceeded to remove my betrothed bicycle from my possession.

Quote by silent caution
sex with a pregnant woman? isnt that like putting gas in car you already wrecked?
Quote by The Paralyzer
well, um, my avatars actually a ESP Viper. And if thats not what you meant then, I don't want one because my friend has one, and it just doesn't seem to fit my style all that well, I don't really know why...

Why not? It basically has everything you're asking for. My friend has a Strat, didn't stop me from buying one.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
schecter c-1 classic? i have one and love it..... but just look at schecters, and maybe some ibanezs
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic